Modding Split Python

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

[ArZaKoN]

Modding Split Python

Post by [ArZaKoN] » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 12:19

Hi, I've been lurking through the forum, and other modding sites, and I didn't find any revamp for X3TC Python. I have two questions, so if any of you can help, I'd be grateful.

First of all, am I missing any nice mod/revamp for the Python? I don't know where to look further.

And the other question, is there any way to mod the Python without tinkering too much? I know the basics of X3 Editor 2, but as far as I know, I think I cannot add weapons or turrets to the ship. The main problem with Python is not its shields or its hull, but the poor weapon choice and mount points.

It's a pity the Split, the main warrior race of X3, have such a terrible M2, and even if there are other M2 available even if you are a split, I'd like to have the possibility to have a "playable" Python.

Thanks for any response and for your time.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Modding Split Python

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 13:37

[ArZaKoN] wrote:is there any way to mod the Python without tinkering too much? ... I think I cannot add weapons or turrets to the ship.
Python already has all six turrets that the game knows how to use.

You add weapons to the appropriate cockpit. "How" depends on whether you mean "weapon types" or Adding Guns to a Turret.

You will get more help if you ask specific questions.

You might want to take a look at Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (including video tutorials).

[ArZaKoN]

Post by [ArZaKoN] » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 01:30

Those tutorials are quite helpful. Thank you : ). That was exactly what I was looking for.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”