Increasing weapon fire rate (help request - knowledge)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TonyEvans
x4

Increasing weapon fire rate (help request - knowledge)

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 13:55

Modding a weapon from XRM to get rid of the beams, and I've run into a few problems.

I keep changing the rounds/minute to 30 (fires once every 2 seconds), but once I get in-game, it's back to 10. I've saved, double saved, triple saved. The changes are going into the correct Tbullet, and all my other changes are taking affect.

I'm changing it from an Ion Weapon to a long-range M2 Mass Driver/Railgun. I change hull damage to 66,000 and shield to 0. I then change the "Projectile" in the appropriate weapon to 2 (in the TLaser), as it was in the mass driver's TLaser file (though I do not know if that will actually make it ignore shields). In the end though, none of the changes will take place and the damage will not be as I want them.

Any help/insight I can get would be tremendously appreciated.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 13:59

If I understand you correctly you are altering the delay field of a TBullets entry and expecting it to affect refire rate. If so, this is an incorrect assumption. The delay field is to do with maximum Charge time when using a charged weapon (e.g. Vanilla PPC).

You need to be editing the TLasers file in order to affect refire rate.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 14:03

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:If I understand you correctly you are altering the delay field of a TBullets entry and expecting it to affect refire rate. If so, this is an incorrect assumption. The delay field is to do with maximum Charge time when using a charged weapon (e.g. Vanilla PPC).

You need to be editing the TLasers file in order to affect refire rate.

I'm editing the Rate of Fire in TLaser. I just opened it up and it says 60 rds/min, which is what I want. Unfortunately, I'm still only seeing 10 rds/minute in-game.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 14:57

TonyEvans wrote:I'm editing the Rate of Fire in TLaser. I just opened it up and it says 60 rds/min, which is what I want. Unfortunately, I'm still only seeing 10 rds/minute in-game.
Probably a silly question, but are you sure it is not an energy supply issue?

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

UberWaffe
x3ap

Post by UberWaffe » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 15:07

In the end though, none of the changes will take place and the damage will not be as I want them.
This leads me to believe you have something overwriting your changes. I.e. you are editing the Tlaser and TBullets in 02.cat, but 03.cat also contains those same files. Hence 03 files will be the ones used.

Have you tried extracting the TLaser and TBullets to your 'types' folder. (I.e. ...\X3\types for TC, or ...\X3\addon\types for AP)
Check if the changes are then taking effect.

If in the end you don't want them in the types directory, you can place them in your HIGHEST number dat/cat file.

Other than that... No idea. :?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice... but in practice there is.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 18:39

UberWaffe wrote:
In the end though, none of the changes will take place and the damage will not be as I want them.
This leads me to believe you have something overwriting your changes. I.e. you are editing the Tlaser and TBullets in 02.cat, but 03.cat also contains those same files. Hence 03 files will be the ones used.

Have you tried extracting the TLaser and TBullets to your 'types' folder. (I.e. ...\X3\types for TC, or ...\X3\addon\types for AP)
Check if the changes are then taking effect.

If in the end you don't want them in the types directory, you can place them in your HIGHEST number dat/cat file.

Other than that... No idea. :?
It is in the highest day. From the XRM Mod it's the part 2 for AP, and I've got it as 04.cat/04.dat.

I'm going to edit another beam weapon and see if the changes, again, refuse to stick.
Probably a silly question, but are you sure it is not an energy supply issue?
Yea... not an energy supply issue.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 21:06

Assuming you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, are you running the XEditor as Administrator? If not, it could be the Virtual Store sticking it's oar in.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 21:13

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Assuming you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, are you running the XEditor as Administrator? If not, it could be the Virtual Store sticking it's oar in.

I believe I am, yes.

If it's not too much of a hastle for you, would you mind downloading my copy of my 04 cat/dat file and seeing if you can get the values to change? I feel like I'm missing something that's either way above my knowledge level, or way below my notice.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”