Mobile Mining. What Gives?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dumdumdum

Mobile Mining. What Gives?

Post by dumdumdum » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 02:47

Ok. I have a Mercury. Special Command Software. Mineral Scanner. Mobile Drill. And I try to mobile mine..... No Luck. I setup everything in the system I want to mine in (Red Light) And when my ship gets there.... It just sits there. What am I missing?

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 03:20

Which mining command are you using? "Mine and Trade Minerals" or "Collect Rocks"?

Oh, and you need an Ore collector, you didn't mention whether you had that.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 11:23

Are there any broken asteroids or debris fields (and of the correct mineral if mobile mining or of the smallest rock size if collecting) in the ship's scanner range? Even with an MDS, the AI will not break full-size sector asteroids.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dumdumdum

Post by dumdumdum » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 18:49

Yes I had an ore collector. My problem is that the ship wont break up fully sized rocks. But its working fine now. Another Question tho. After the cargo hold is full, The ship will supposedly dock at a station of my choosing. Is there a system that will allow the ship to Mine>Drop off ore>Start mining again, without me interacting at all? How is the best way to automate the whole mining process. Idealy I want a fleet of mining barges churning up some credits! Thank you!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 18:51

'Mine and Trade Minerals' is the command you want.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 18:57

Mobile Mine commands will fill up the ship, go to the base and just stop there while still full. You have to empty it, reposition it and reissue the command unfortunately.

If you are after credits rather then minerals then you can use the Mine and Trade Minerals command which once started you can leave to get on with it forever without further input. It does wander about the galaxy mining and trading though and so can get into trouble sometimes, also it has a tendency to jump one way to trade but may return to the mining site the slow way even though it has jumpfuel.

EDIT: Semi-Ninja'd.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dumdumdum

Post by dumdumdum » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 19:34

Very VERY interesting. I am going to look up how to get that command as I am not seeing it. Thanks everyone!

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 20:04

According to the FAQ you just need the Mineral Scanner and Ore Collector, which you've got. It's under the Trade commands, not Special like Mine Minerals is.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 20:31

Fulgrymm wrote:According to the FAQ you just need the Mineral Scanner and Ore Collector, which you've got. It's under the Trade commands, not Special like Mine Minerals is.
In which case I guess you'll need Trade Command Software I or II or perhaps both. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 20:38

Trade Command Mk I is built into all TS-class freighters, and I think that's all that's needed. However, I always put the Best Buys Locator and Best Selling Price Locators on my mobile miners in case I have to manually find a place for them to sell their minerals, or some cheap energy cells for their jumpdrives (which, btw, you definitely want to put on them).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 21:10

Nanook wrote:Trade Command Mk I is built into all TS-class freighters, and I think that's all that's needed.
Of course it is! I guess I'm going through one of my 'dumb dumb' phases again! :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”