Problem with loading saves after x3ap patch 2.1 - Fixed by game reinstall.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Giufs
x3tc

Problem with loading saves after x3ap patch 2.1 - Fixed by game reinstall.

Post by Giufs » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 07:02

Hello, i just updated my x3ap to version 2.1 (the steam client did anyway) and now none of my saves can be loaded, autosaves or otherwise. Does anyone else has this problem, and a way to fix it ?

EDIT
I just wanted to mention that i only installed the bonus package, no mods, and i have downloaded the no-steam exe.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 07:25

Chances are good the problem is the no-Steam .exe. Try replacing that with the correct exe from Steam and see if it makes a difference in your game load ability.

For reference, I am running around 30+ scripts and mods, and had a new AP 2.0a game started as of a couple of nights ago. I just verified my copy was newly-patched by Steam, and that my most recent save worked fine.

Giufs
x3tc

Post by Giufs » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 07:28

The no-steam exe didn't replace the the correct steam exe, because the files have different names. I tried starting the game with both executables and there was no difference.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 07:33

X3-Reunion used to corrupt saves randomly for people, usually more often for heavily modified games. I think that decreased a lot with TC, and I have yet to hear about an AP-corrupted save. That means the engine itself doing the corruption is less likely than another root cause.

Do you have any periodic backups of saves stashed elsewhere? I assume you've tried all of those in your My Documents/Egosoft folder (the standard 10+3).

Have you run a disk check to rule that out as a source of problems? Have you rebooted (the age-old tech support reply)?

As a last resort, you can backup your saves and X config files and wipe/re-install the game, and make sure to verify the files via steam before completing the mod install and reloading a save.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 09:41

The NoSteam.exe should work without problems with the new patch. Only if you want to play the game in Chinese, problems might occur.

Let Steam verify the integrity of the game cache to ensure that all files were downloaded correctly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 11:15

Also see this in case you may have forgotten that you had previously tried out a script or mod.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 11:32

If you could upload the savegame somewhere, we could take a look.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Giufs
x3tc

Post by Giufs » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 17:24

The problem was solved after reinstalling the game. Thank you for all your promt responses !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”