How to change bin sizes in NPC factories?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

glenmcd
x3tc

How to change bin sizes in NPC factories?

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 13:44

I'm wanting to tinker with bin sizes in NPC factories (like max ECs that one factory can hold at a time) but can't seem to find where I can adjust this. I've looked through various addon/02.cat/types but can't recognise it in there. Help please? I'm not up to creating my own factory types yet, thought this might be a good stepping stone as well as actually seeing the overall effect on universe of say doubling EC resource bin sizes.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 19:20

I'm fairly certain you'll need to edit one of the Twares files, I've looked through the Tfactories file and found nothing relevant.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that maximum bin space and ware price are inversely connected through a single value, i.e. the higher the ware costs, the less you can store.

Oh, and most changes to the files don't affect any existing factories, you'll need to build a new factory or start a new game to see the effects.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 19:35

Looking through the TWare files ECs were in TWareE by itself. I'll have a play with the figures to see what happens. Thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”