Free Factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

earofcorn

Free Factory

Post by earofcorn » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 02:35

Quick question, I played this game a long time ago and remember there being a mission where this guy simply gives you a factory. It's been a while, but I think I remember something about an evacuation or a battle or something and he was kinda insane and just handed over the factory to me. I can't remember how I triggered that last time, and it would be alota help to get this new game going. If anyone knows what I'm talking about let me know please, thanks.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 02:58

I'm assuming the game is not of the X3 series as I don't remember anything like this in X3. If you edit your post and state which game it is I'm sure help will be forthcoming. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Re: Free Factory

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 03:33

earofcorn wrote:this game
Which game would that be? ;)

It's been a while but I think you get a factory after completing one of the early X2 plots and also there was a plot added to X3TC that added a sector and gave you a free SPP. Haven't played through the X3R plot so don't know if you get one there.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 03:42

I /think/ that was in X3:R, a Paranid asked you to build a mine or something & it ended up as yours. I can't remember if it was the generic plot or Bala Gi missions though..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 05:29

Snafu_X3 wrote:I /think/ that was in X3:R, a Paranid asked you to build a mine or something & it ended up as yours. I can't remember if it was the generic plot or Bala Gi missions though..
Yes that was Reunion, and it was indeed the generic plot. :)
Spoiler
Show
Once the mine was up and running it dug out an artifact which was needed for something. (Can't quite remember what though.)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

earofcorn

Post by earofcorn » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 00:23

Sorry, it was Terran Conflict. A mission in Terran conflict, flew through what seemed to be a mostly empty sector and all of a sudden a guy was on the coms blabbering on about something or other and by the end i got a free station. Really? No one else has experienced this? Is it possible it was unique to the playthrough that I did years back?

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 00:29

:gruebel: Don't remember anything like that in TC...
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 01:02

Ditto
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 01:14

It seems more likely that you were running a mod, but which one I simply can't say! :)

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 05:39

I was looking around here today and seen something about a 'Sunny' DLC. Apparently it gives you a free SPP and a new sector is added with a special mission.

If you think you may have gotten this last summer or whenever it came out, you could check on Steam by right clicking on the Terran Conflict link in your library and going to "View Downloadable Content".

Thats the only info I can offer as I just found out about this today and do not have it myself.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 20:18

earofcorn wrote:Sorry, it was Terran Conflict. A mission in Terran conflict, flew through what seemed to be a mostly empty sector and all of a sudden a guy was on the coms blabbering on about something or other and by the end i got a free station. Really? No one else has experienced this? Is it possible it was unique to the playthrough that I did years back?
Perhaps you're thinking of the Hub plot? Mahi Ma gives you access to the Hub, which becomes yours when you enter the sector where it's located (after a short delay).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

devilsad
x3tc

Post by devilsad » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 22:15

earofcorn wrote:Sorry, it was Terran Conflict. A mission in Terran conflict, flew through what seemed to be a mostly empty sector and all of a sudden a guy was on the coms blabbering on about something or other and by the end i got a free station. Really? No one else has experienced this? Is it possible it was unique to the playthrough that I did years back?
This is 100% definitely absolutely the 'Sunny Place' DLC mission from last year's Steam summer sale. IIRC, you had to collect tickets by doing achievements and then use them to get the DLC. It's also present in AP, but its owned by the Goners and is quite useless due to the War sectors cutting it off from everything.

earofcorn

Post by earofcorn » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 05:49

Ah, I guess Steam included the DLC without me knowing. I didn't think I was running any DLC or Mods because I didn't buy any, but I guess it was thrown in the package. Thanks for helping me figure this one out.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”