Fitting turrets

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

imortalvalk
x4

Fitting turrets

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 00:34

Sorry for all the questions lately lol, I have acquired a centaur and fitted 8 particle accelerator cannons to it but they are only front firing, I read in the wiki it can use turrets to fend off smaller targets, how do I go about doing this?

uk.crow
x3tc

Post by uk.crow » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 00:46

Hi there. The centaur has 8 slots in it's main arrays and then a rear, left and right turret. To fit them make sure you have som compatible lasers for the turrets (you can find this out by looking at your ship info. Then to manually fit the turrets with weapons, go on the advanced tab of your ships menu. Click on weapons. This will display the slots which can mount weapons in and what weapons you have available. To install click on an empty slot, click install laser. The drop down menu will appear with the weapons you have and pick what you want.
Another piece of advice, don't put Particle accelerators (PAC) in a corvettes main array, they're fighter class weaponry, try high energy plasma throwers (HEPT) or concussion impulse generators (CIG).
Put PAC in the turrets though. Also remember to give commands to your turrets, to do this click on the ships tab, click autopilot (if you're currently flying it) then look for turret commands. you can set them individually or together. For your centaur i'd set the rear for missile defence and the left and right for protect ships. Remember to get fight command software MK1 and MK2 installed to increase turret command options.
Hope that helps!

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 00:58

Thanks very much :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”