X3AP Getting Freighters to drop Wares

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CannibalCrow
x3ap

X3AP Getting Freighters to drop Wares

Post by CannibalCrow » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 01:08

So, reading a few DiD's, there are plenty of times I see the players pirating, harassing freighters and getting them to drop their valuable wares.. Yet, I've tried to do this many, many times, and I've not seen a single freighter ever drop freight.

Is there a specific technique to do this or something? Also, I just recently installed the NPC Bailing script, and was wondering if that would affect this as well.(Though, I was having the problem far before I installed it.)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 01:18

Freighters will only drop wares if they are carrying wares. To get them to drop any freight they are carrying comm them and you should get the option 'surrender and drop your freight' or something similar. Sometimes they are just too stubborn and refuse and it ends up you destroying their vessel. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 06:32

that and the higher your fight rank they will likely drop there goods and bail, and to see if there are goods on the ship get a Freight Scanner and a scan(if done without a Police License for the Race Police will attack you).

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 23:06

A high fight rank definitely helps a ton, as does scratching their hull a bit.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”