help please with FIGHTER wing commands.. etc

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cale245
x3tc

help please with FIGHTER wing commands.. etc

Post by Cale245 » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 20:59

hey X3TC, 3.1.1
I need help understanding why my fighters throttle down to 0 and just sit and do nothing when i tell a wing to attack all.. mean while kahk are blowing them up.

Case: I fly a M1 carrier terran.. 50 fighters.. 2 innactive 2 active wings.. purple 23 figthters, Wing Blue 25 fighters. they ALL have fighter 1 and 2 software.. nav softwar etc ive looked at each on individualy a few times...

now when i tell them to protect a ship the wing will do that.. even they take NO innitiative to attack enemies nearby that attack.. but whatever..
when I tell the other wing to attack all.. so they provide the main offence.. they DO NOT do anything but throttle down and stare into space...

((also.. if I tell the wings to attack individual targets.. they attack them.. but I am not going to tell them to attack every lil Kha'ak from a Kha'ak cluster... thats dumb))

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 21:06

Doesn't the 'Attack All...' command... well attack everything? As in even friendly npcs included.

Try the attack target closest <your ship> or something like that. you can also try setting one of the fighters as a leader with a different name then making the wing attack target of <leader ship> and order that fighter around.

See what happens when you do that.

Cale245
x3tc

Post by Cale245 » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 22:23

nah,,, attack all... and attack all enemies is same on the menus.. and works same.. it works for all my other groups.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 00:07

Strange.

Do the wings themselves have more than one wingleader or are they just
one group? I imagine if the latter all ships will focus on the same enemy.

Is it possible it's a glitch and that they are all trying to attack an object
that's not accessible to them for some reason.

I like to give my fifteen ship wing 3 wingleaders and dragonclaw formation.

Attack all worked fine for me. Getting them back on board when they
get a bit Gung Ho and I think there are two many bogeys for them to handle
is more difficult :(

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”