[AP] Argon Trusted Friend but still hostile

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snailstick

[AP] Argon Trusted Friend but still hostile

Post by Snailstick » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 21:31

Well pretty much what the topic says, I did a mission for the Terrans which completly reuined my Argon rep. They turned hostile so I did some Argon missions and got it back to Argon trusted friend but they still show as hostile AND I cant dock at any of their facilities.

Does it take time to reset because I've waited around for more than 2 hours now?

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 21:49

check you friend/foe settings... shift+C scroll down to where it lists races and make sure argon is set to friend.... the option sometimes changes when you destroy them and has to be changed back manually...

also it can be changed and broadcasted to all ships by going to global command console... press p scroll down to advance select global command...

Snailstick

Post by Snailstick » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 21:52

Well yes I checked it and turned it back, still cant dock with Argon stations though. AI controlled UTs seem to be able to but not me in my personal ship.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 23:30

Is that all stations or just a small number? If your rep with Argon is normal you might have annoyed the individual stations. If that's they case you may have to hack them to get in.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 01:22

If there any Argon capital ships in the sector try comming one. Speak to the captain and if the option to apologize for friendly fire appears then do so and see if he turns blue (and I don't mean with anger!). If that works then any remaining red ships will need to be apologized to. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Snailstick

Post by Snailstick » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 13:40

I'll try and apologize but it's not just a few ships or stations, it's every Argon station in every sector and every ship belonging to Argon, Plutarch and Jonferco.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 13:50

Just a random thought, so feel free to laugh out loud if I'm way off base here. Was it a terran "War Mission" or a regular one? I've never done a War mission for the Terrans myself, so I'm guessing here but if Argon command think you've taken the side of their foe they might not be too happy about it.

Snailstick

Post by Snailstick » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 15:42

Yeah, you are absolutly right, I picked it up in one of the contested sectors. That must be it, too bad I didnt discover it before I had written over the saves.

Oh well guess the only thing to do is to start over, but I think I'll be going back to TC this time though.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 18:00

Did you try changing ships and then attempt docking? Perhaps the Argon just don't like your ship.

This does sound like a bug, though, since you can take Argon war missions and the Terrans will still let you dock, assuming your rep hasn't dropped too low.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”