[Request] Mod for enhanced Orbital Weapons Platform combat

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vicius

[Request] Mod for enhanced Orbital Weapons Platform combat

Post by Vicius » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 05:42

Hi, so I just looked through all the scripts in the library and found nothing that could help me out on this particular situation.

I have an orbital weapons platform in a sector and there are hostile ships in it, that don't belong to any of the races from my global settings, so the orbital platform just sits there. Oddly enough, though, when I drop lasertowers there, they manage to engage the hostiles just fine.

I'd like a way for the orbital weapons platform to target foes like lasertowers do. I'd suppose making a script that does that shouldn't be a very complicated task and I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 15:08

My DDN works with OWP's, if attached it launches fighter drones to attack enemy targets. It really increases the OWP’s survivability.

LA

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 18:29

Thanks, but I have enough micromanaging to worry about, without having to keep stocking OWPs with drones. And even if they don't need restocking, I didn't really pay 99 million credits for a fancy drone launcher, I want to use the OWP to it's full capabilities.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 18:44

Vicius wrote:Thanks, but I have enough micromanaging to worry about, without having to keep stocking OWPs with drones. And even if they don't need restocking, I didn't really pay 99 million credits for a fancy drone launcher, I want to use the OWP to it's full capabilities.
You have a point. But did you set the turret commands?

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 22:33

Try MARS. I use with OWP's and it makes short work of any threat.

I usually run 48 PPC's and have 48 CFA's in the cargo hold for MARS to switch too when encountering fighters on the large OWP.

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 07:27

I do use MARS mod, however I see no option of equipping it to my OWP.

Also, are you sure this will make it so the OWP attacks ships from a race that isn't listed in the global settings?

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 09:40

Vicius wrote:I do use MARS mod, however I see no option of equipping it to my OWP.

Also, are you sure this will make it so the OWP attacks ships from a race that isn't listed in the global settings?
OWP's generally have a simple set of options available at first. You will need a surrogate ship for everything you want to upgrade on the OWP. Basically, purchase a ship that can have MARS installed and a Transporter Device. Then fly the ship next to the OWP and transfer the ware. Then just activate it. Simples. :)

You can tell the OWP what race you want it to attack independently of the global settings. If it's a race you have not run into before, then it will use the default setting. Xenon, Kha'ak are considered enemies by default. Pirates will need to be changed on the OWP unless they are listed as enemies in the global settings for all of your ships.

What race do you want attacked?

Also, is the OWP listed as a station or an M1 in your 'owned properties'?

If it's listed as a station then you will need to 'activate' it so that it gets switched out with the OWP ship. Check your hotkeys for any OWP activation option.

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 18:03

I don't think I even get the option of doing freight transfer to OWPs, seeing as they're actually regarded as stations, rather than ships, despite the M2 symbol.

And the ships I want it to attack don't belong to any global settings race, that is precisely what the issue is all about. I just want the OWP to recognize foes like lasertowers do.

It is absolutely ridiculous how inert the OWPs stand there, even when I try to place my ship somehere in the middle, so that incoming shots from hostiles hit the OWP often enough that it should turn hostile on them and fire back, but it just doesn't.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 19:20

this !!

quote : ''If it's listed as a station then you will need to 'activate' it so that it gets switched out with the OWP ship. Check your hotkeys for any OWP activation option''.

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 21:08

Vicius wrote:I don't think I even get the option of doing freight transfer to OWPs, seeing as they're actually regarded as stations, rather than ships, despite the M2 symbol.

And the ships I want it to attack don't belong to any global settings race, that is precisely what the issue is all about. I just want the OWP to recognize foes like lasertowers do.

It is absolutely ridiculous how inert the OWPs stand there, even when I try to place my ship somehere in the middle, so that incoming shots from hostiles hit the OWP often enough that it should turn hostile on them and fire back, but it just doesn't.
OWPS work exactly like a ship(except they dont move)... when there a ship. If its showing up as a station, you either incorrectly acquired one(cheat menu, but not the station version instead of the ship version), or you are playing a mod and have not hit the activate/equip key for it yet. If its in STAION mode it will not fight at all.
Last edited by Drockt1 on Sun, 22. Jul 12, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 22:47

Yeah, I just read the bit about XRM changing it so OWPs need to be activated. The problem is I find no such function to assign a hotkey to in the controls menu, but see functions to add hotkeys to for other mods' stuff just fine.

Edit: Yep, searched from top to bottom, even tried opening script editor and looking for the script that activates OWP to try and run it directly from there, no luck. WTF is the deal with this?

Edit2: I gave up and reinstalled everything, now the option to set up a hotkey to activate the OWP is showing and the OWP is working fine now.
Thanks for the heads-up guys.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 20:07

where do you guys get your OWP's from ? I cant find a decent script or mod.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 23:57

Cheat script solves a lot of problems ;). XRM has a facility built into it from where you can buy OWP's.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”