EQds and TPs incorrectly report that they buy Engine Tunings, Rudder opts etc

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

glenmcd
x3tc

EQds and TPs incorrectly report that they buy Engine Tunings, Rudder opts etc

Post by glenmcd » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 10:30

here's my DxDiag

Install is Albion Prelude V2.1 English. Start is DiD.

If my install wasn't modified then I probably wouldn't have noticed this one.

I'm building a trading script and this one has a doubly nested loop. All sectors, all stations and then all wares. For each ware I ask whether it can be bought and seperately if it can be sold. EQds and TPs report that with Engine Tunings, Rudder optimisations and more, that they WILL buy them.

For example I was offered 262 credits per engine tuning by TP in Hollow Infinity when flying the original Octopus ship which at the time had full engine tunings. From memory, 262 credits is what you pay for your very first engine tuning purchase in that ship, after which the price increases.

I've had this happen for the Argon EQd in Argon Prime also. I'm not sure at this point whether all EQds and TPs are effected as I'm only seeing it when my script decides that it's the best deal going locally. If I get around to a full test on this I'll post it.

As custom scripting is officially unsupported I'd have to accept a response of "we wont fix" of course but thought can't hurt to report the issue anyways.
I'm now using a workaround by asking if each ware is equipment so this isn't causing "down time" :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 18:52

It probably is fixed as those types of stations do not offer to buy them in vanilla. I think your script is using some of the vanilla code for your purposes but not invoking the extra bit of vanilla code that stops them being bought. If I recall correctly, any attempt to sell them to such stations invokes the response 'Products are not bought".

From my earlier TC modding days, I know that script-captured Pirate Bases will buy/store and sell/transfer them!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”