Puzzled? Rep gain on failed mission. (AP) (SOLVED)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coreblimey
x3tc

Puzzled? Rep gain on failed mission. (AP) (SOLVED)

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 00:42

I have just failed a Terran 'fetch & deliver' mission (by approx 5 secs.) yet I still gained a rep increase of approx 35%. Is this normal practice (for at least trying the job in the first place, perhaps)?
Incidentally, I have no other ships doing missions in Terran space. :)
Last edited by Coreblimey on Sat, 21. Jul 12, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 07:32

Are you sure it was a rep *gain*? The percentage just shows how far you are towards the next rank, so you could have gone to a lower rank but be closer to going up a rank again.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 15:47

Yes it was definitely a 'gain'. As I'm working out of the ODS in Segaris, I am constantly checking my rep with both ATF & Terran (because they both wear the same uniform, it's hard to tell which is which).
Before accepting the mission my Terran rank was 'Senatorial Advisor' @ 73%. After failing the mission it increased my rank to 'Marshal of Mars' @ 18%.
The circumstances were thus:
On almost reaching the station (as I say mere second from docking), a voice popped up "That's it. You are out of time.". I recieved the text at the bottom of the screen 'Mission Failed'. I immediately pressed SHIFT+D for docking computer and after the auto save got the usual greeting blah blah! Then a few seconds later got the message "You have gained recognition". On checking my pilot status I had rep increase as stated above.
Thinking maybe the timing was such that I was spot on with the deadline, but sure enough the entertainment chips were still in my hold. I HAD failed.
This is not a complaint (I mean, honestly, how can I complain about free rep increase!), more an observation..........

Oh! Damn! I've done it again.....

Methinks me thinks too much!
I just remembered. I was docked at an SPP in Athes. Yep! You've got it! Auto top on ecells=rep increase.

I'm getting fed up of answering my own questions lately. It's got to stop! :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”