[AP] I'm looking for a good M7M...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlueSwede
x3tc

[AP] I'm looking for a good M7M...

Post by BlueSwede » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 09:38

[AP] I'm looking for a good M7M, is the yaki Shenshi worth buying?
At only 30 Mil it's considerably sheaper than a Cobra. Or is there any other M7M worthy of consideration?

I used the Cobra in my TC games and really liked it as it's quite fast.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 10:02

They're all essentially "I win" ships. The Cobra is generally favoured because it has the most balanced stats (Speed/cargo/flak), but I just pick the one that looks coolest or suits my RP which is currently the Gannet. Used every M7M there is, it's all about the same in the end once the hammers and flails start firing.

Pretty much the most important stat for an M7M is your missile complex that is supplying it.

I'd just remember that the Aquilo and Skirnir can't fire boarding pods and the Sirrokos can only fire boarding pods but not offensive missiles.

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 14:07

Ok, hmm, guess I will save up to a cobra again

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 15:56

Personally I'm a Sirokos fan. It means using mkii fighter drones instead of missiles to get (and hold) those shields down, but it does hold more guys and AFAIK it's the fastest of them. Oh and the pods fire forwards.

For pure clobbering power the Skirnir used to be the king, but someone took a nerf bat to it in AP :cry:

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 16:12

I love the Kraken because it looks so sexy and its the second fastest of them that can fire pods + missiles. I like to fly it and board stuff in 3rd person view.

With a turbo booster installed its just as good as anything else barring the specialty ships (ie Sirokos).

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 22:54

Kraken looks like a good alternative too, though Sirokos looks more like it may be a viable choice. I like that it have a turrets for guns so it can shoot down missiles if it's beeing chased, like the Cobra also have and it's a bit cheaper too, though it does have a small cargo bay, maybe too small?
I don't know if the turret for guns will be used any time, but it's nice to have one. I'll consider it.

Edit:
Scratch that, I just saw in the games shipyard info panel that it can only fire boarding pods and Mosquito missiles ... not Hammer heavy torpedoes or Flail Barrage missiles ... so it's not an option after all

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 23:10

Remember though Sirokos *cannot* fire missiles. So it's drones or a support ship. *I* like drones but most people prefer the hammers and flails.

EDIT: Ninja Edited :lol: Perhaps we need a term for being ninja'd by an edit.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”