Game crashing after some time has gone by...seemingly random (TC) Help? (SOLVED)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Game crashing after some time has gone by...seemingly random (TC) Help? (SOLVED)

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 19:22

All right, so here's the modlist I'm using:

RRF
EmperorJon's Trading Plugin
Galactic News System
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=252244 - Engine colors/trails
Litcube's Bounce
CommunityPluginConfiguator
Marine Repairs
Mobile Ship Repairs
NPC Bailing Addon
NPC Salvage Collectors

And here's my problem: Sometime after starting a mission, usually about enough time for me to fly through two or three sectors, my game will lock up. Here's the caveat, though, I can free-fly around for as long as I want--do my own thing, but as soon as I accept a mission, then the proverbial clock starts ticking.

I can alt-tab and taskmanager it into oblivion, but, obviously, I want it to work :P I'm posting this here rather than in the tech support forum because I believe it's a mod issue. I think I may even know what mod it is--but, I was hoping possibly someone had heard of this problem or something similar and had a solution for me, other than restarting from the ground up...that, naturally, is my last resort.

EDIT: Looks like things are fixed--hopefully *knocks on wood* It's too soon to tell 100% just yet, but I think I fixed it. The solution? Start a new game :P
Last edited by Jaycen_Aelis on Mon, 23. Jul 12, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Argon Explorer

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 21:34

Given your PM request, the plugin shouldn't have anything in it which messes with missions, and therefore would be likely to cause a mission related crash...

However.

I must point out that this plugin was designed for TC about... er... 2 years ago, I think? And therefore may cause some serious issues with the current versions of the game. Didn't expect anyone to be using it, to be honest... :oops:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 21:50

:P Well then--thanks for your fast reply, and I'll try taking out your trade plugin and seeing what happens...but in the interim between that mod and your amazingly ambitious project to rebuild the game's economy from the ground-up, what do you suggest I do to fix the economy :lol:

Just a half-suggestion of course :P As long as my game's working I'm happy, but if you -do- have any ideas, I'm more than open to them. :)

EDIT: Erm...how -do- you delete your mod? :oops: I've never removed any mods before--is it just a matter of stopping it in the AL menu and then disabling it through the plugin manager? I've got the SPK version...

EDIT 2: Well, -that- didn't fix it. :evil: It just took longer for it to crash out...anybody have any help/ideas?
Argon Explorer

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 00:51

Additional data: It seems that the longer I let TC "rest" in between plays, the longer it runs before freezing up--which mods in that list run things in the background over intervals of time?
Argon Explorer

powerbrite

Post by powerbrite » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 09:31

hi auto prep ships will cause random freeze if ure runing this,ok.and sum advice try using xrm mod and ap ,thi is the mod of mods for this game

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”