Heavy shield notoriety to buy is broken in Teladi stations

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

glenmcd
x3tc

Heavy shield notoriety to buy is broken in Teladi stations

Post by glenmcd » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 21:33

here's my DxDiag

Install is Albion Prelude V2.1 English. Start is DiD.

If my install wasn't modified then I probably wouldn't have noticed this one.

I first noticed something wrong when universal best buys / sells reported that I didn't have sufficient notoriety (3333 points required) to buy 1GJ or 2GJ shields, but immediately after when I happened to dock at a Teladi heavy shields station to sell it ECs, noticed that I could actually buy them. I ended up creating a script which did a huge dump of all sorts of info on all stations in the universe along with all wares to get some clues on this. Everything seemed to be consistent with the heavy shields across stations (all specify 3333 notoriety required) and races, yet at least at Teladi stations I can actually buy them with only 1033 points. I haven't found the actual lower limit of this as normally by the time I want shields this large I've got my rep up to around 1000 with Teladi.

I haven't tested this extensively with other races, however I was able to determine that with around 300 notoriety with Paranid, they wouldn't sell me heavy shields.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 22:17

Could that be an issue of the NPC-only stations that produce and sell more than one ware if those wares would each normally have different notorieties in say Equipment Docks? Perhaps it defaults to the lowest rep of the various products applied for all wares. Just a guess mind - you are the script genius.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 22:22

Alan Phipps wrote:Could that be an issue of the NPC-only stations that produce and sell more than one ware if those wares would each normally have different notorieties in say Equipment Docks? Perhaps it defaults to the lowest rep of the various products applied for all wares. Just a guess mind - you are the script genius.
Interesting thought, but it doesn't apply in this case. The forge I visited did sell multiple, but that includes 1GJ and 2GJ shields, with require identical notoriety (3333). Also, the EQd in same sector (Ianamus Zura) also allowed me to buy either shield with just over 1K Teladi notoriety. I've started a new DiD game, up to 350 Teladi notoriety and it's not letting me buy either yet.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 00:08

I'm pretty sure any the Teladi sell ship equipment at a very low rank due to their tradelike nature. It's entirely possible that this feature isn't accounted for in the best buy/sell, which treats it like any other factory. (Note that I'm not sure if there's a difference between Teladi EDs/Factories.)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”