Product Selling Price Setting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

InfernoWalker
x4

Product Selling Price Setting

Post by InfernoWalker » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 22:58

Hello,

"Relates to X3 AP"

I have done a quick search for "Product Selling Price Setting" and have not spotted the answer to my seemingly simple questions so thought I best ask away.

I have Hub! and am just going though changing its product prices so that I can either sell stuff from it or accumulate stuff for my needs. Clicking on "Adjust Station Parameters" gives you a lovely screen which lists all of the products at the Hub. At the top of the window it clearly titles the first section "Product Selling Price Setting", yet when you select a product the automated voice says the following...

"You can specify at which price the freighters working for this factory should buy resources"

this is confusing...which is it?...it cannot be both!!

it is either
  • 1) the price people buy your stuff.
    2) the price your frieghters buy stuff
Clarity on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 23:02

It's both I'm afraid. Stations only have one price per product. If you set it high enough, NPC ships will want to sell it to you. If you set it low enough they buy your stuff and take it away.

The same is true for all your stations and factories

InfernoWalker
x4

Post by InfernoWalker » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 23:30

Madness I tell you, utter Madness!!!!

I read this elsewhere but didn't really believe it. I suppose inconjunction with the "other races can trade with this station" you could make this work.

bit of a pain though!

Elleron

Post by Elleron » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 00:03

Trade mk2 ships using best/sell for best price and commercial agents will always go for the best price, meaning your station selling price is the maximum you'll pay or minimum you'll sell for. ie, if you price ecells at 16 in the hub NPCs will buy/sell them at 16. Your own traders will buy them at 12 or sell them at 20 if they can.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 10:05

In the case of the Hub, you can safely ignore the 'resource' as the Hub doesn't use resources. Every item it has in stock is a 'product'. The only time anything could be classed as a resource is if you are using ecells to change the gates.
You should treat the Hub as you would an EQ or Trading Station,(which basically is what it is).
IIRC npc traders don't trade with player own docks and Trading Stations so all your trade will have to be done via your own traders. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 18:37

They do trade with the Hub though. I buy e-cells from NPCs to help keep it full.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”