Mobile mining problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xander879

Mobile mining problem

Post by Xander879 » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 13:50

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with my mobile mining problems? I’ll try to explain things as best I can here but if you need me to provide further info, please ask. This is in AP vanilla.

My set up is that I have a team of 20 freighters mining ore and a team of 20 mining silicon. For each team, I have an Elephant piloted by a logistician that uses external CLS to visit each miner in turn and collect its load. A separate freighter (again with a logistician pilot) is tasked to visit the elephant and deliver its cargo to my PHQ that I am using as the base for my mining operations.

The problem that I am having is that the miners seem to be getting stuck during the mining process. That is to say that I issue the command and they perform as expected for a while and then (randomly it seems) they stop. Checking the ship’s info, the command is recorded as collecting wares (iirc)) but the action says ‘none’. They do eventually start working again but the break in performance can be considerable (I’ve watched for five minutes or so on SETA x10 while the action has stuck on ‘none’). This problem also seems to affect the elephant as he will get to a miner in his collection run that is stuck, and he will get stuck also.

The miners are fully equipped and the sector is not depleted of minerals, so I really can’t see what the problem is here.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and whether or not they were able to overcome it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 13:56

I've found as soon as a CLS completely empties the cargo hold of a miner the lack of minerals in the cargo seems to freeze/interrupt the mining script in someway. So far it seems like it works if I set the CLS to only take a certain amount of minerals out and setting the supply conditions to 100% so when it is unloaded there will be some left in the miners cargo and the script will continue.

It's pretty weird a non cls'd fleet unloading directly at the HQ seems to be going about 10 times as quick.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 14:04

This is not really advice on your mobile mining problem.

To me, unless mining for nividium, mobile mining is pointless. I prefer to just set up some mines and use traders to buy ecells for the mine (or where possible, multi mines into a closed loop complex) and have PHQ traders to go and collect it. A lot less hastle and (in yout case) allows you free up your TL. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 14:14

The thing is that in X3TC at least, a decent mobile mining fleet could outmine pretty much any complex for no ecells and 1/10th of the cost.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 14:22

werewolves? wrote:The thing is that in X3TC at least, a decent mobile mining fleet could outmine pretty much any complex for no ecells and 1/10th of the cost.
I won't (and can't) disagree with you there! No doubt the same applies for AP.
It was just my personal opinion. Many players have mining fleets bigger than my grand total of ships! My main focus was really meant to be on the word 'hastle'. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Xander879

Post by Xander879 » Mon, 23. Jul 12, 20:19

Thanks for the responses guys.

Werewolves?; thanks for the suggestion, I'll trying experimenting with supply conditions.

Coreblimey; I know where you're coming from, but I'm one of those players who enjoys the challenge of managing a large logistical operation. I find it extremely satisfying when I get everything set up and running with very little intervention needed from me. Hence, why I want to get this problem sorted.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”