Aldrin Shipyard(s)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

praypold
x4

Aldrin Shipyard(s)

Post by praypold » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 23:58

Aldrin is a huge place with many gates to speed travels around the huge asteroid in the middle. Two shipyards or more is around there. IT is best to explore it yourself instead of relying on explorer software because of its hugeness.
I saw the quote concerning multiple shipyards around that monstrous rock, I have found but one in the top left corner only. 2x Kestrels using explorer software OSS and dropping advance sats near TOAs and near weapon facts etc. I have parked Deca Fades in all stations I have I PEMPC forge & 2 weapon bases locked down with SB's buying all new weapons as produced. I searched on Rogeys site where the 2nd shipyard should be but no dice!!??!!
Can someone help me out as I thought shipyards were not removed by GoD... Thanks all!![/quote]
- "Charismatic leaders, a populous with fear of the unknown leads to the first casuality of war - The Truth."

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 00:06

Did you follow the advice and search yourself instead of using explorer software?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Aldrin Shipyard(s)

Post by Nanook » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 00:39

praypold wrote:...IT is best to explore it yourself instead of relying on explorer software because of its hugeness....
This is bad advice. Doing it yourself means you have to fly around that huge rock in the middile. It's much better to use multiple explorer ships simultaneously at different distances in the vertical axis.

I used five explorers spaced 40 km apart in the vertical, which allowed an overlap of 20 km using Triplex Scanners. You want some overlap due to the spherical nature of the scanners.

Using this setup, you should be able to find all the existing stations. Just don't enter the sector while they're doing their work or you'll cause them to displace 100's of km from their locations, screwing up their search patterns.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

praypold
x4

Post by praypold » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 03:21

Thanks Nanook btw I like your name (being Alaskan). I used 3 Kestrels starting from different TOA's thus far I have found:

1x Aldrin Shipyard
4x SPP XL's
1x Ore Mine (beta) Alpha must be gone
2x Habitat Facts
2x Food Facts - (Aldrin 2 one is gone)
3x Unknown Bases
1x EMPC Forge
2x Weapon Facts

But no second Shipyard - does it produce the same ships at the 1st??

Thanks Again
- "Charismatic leaders, a populous with fear of the unknown leads to the first casuality of war - The Truth."

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 03:53

The shipyards are pretty huge. You should be able to spot it by eye without too much trouble.

There's one near one of the northern internal orbital accelerators, and one by one of the southern internal orbital accelerators.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 04:04

I find the best way to find the big stations in Aldrin is to point your ship at an area which doesn't have a station in it, then press t, causing it to lock onto something way out of your scanner range.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 04:13

In Aldrin, I have found all of the stations in the top right corner. Start your search from the middle of that quadrant with a search radius of 198. One pass on the mid level and one pass each 40K above and below should find all of the stations.

Do this remotely. It is much safer for the exploring ship.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 22:49

You can also ask any ship "where is the shipyard" in Aldrin, and it will add the shipyard to your sector map.

With that said, since Aldrin has 2 SY, so if you have found the Northern one, go to the South and ask around, and vice versa.

Asking freighter pilots for the location of a SY is the best way to find it. IMHO

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 22:52

Best way to find Stations in Aldrin is to put a fairly fast Ship (With Triplex Scanner) to tail some Trader or other, and let it go for a few hours.

True, this route dosn't find Shipyards, but it'l find most other stations.
-- GD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”