Being attacked by Argon/OTAS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Daisai
x4

Being attacked by Argon/OTAS

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 12:41

Now that im busy building my own ships at my HQ and having basicly good notoriety with both Argon ( Protector of the Federation ).
All the sudden i see hostile ships jump into my system ( argon space ) which are red.

Even when they attack me im still protector of the federation.
Is this normal that Argon decides to attack you no matter what the notoriety is during the game?
Or is this another of the countless bugs i have come across in this game.

Edit: i have just checked the system they came from before they started to attack.
They are still blue to me then.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 12:49

Depending on which game start you used try apologizing for friendly fire and see if they turn blue. If so you may need to apologize to each one individually. Do not return fire or they will stay red. If possible try and keep them out of firing range. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 12:51

As soon as they jump into my system they turn red.
Without even a ship exploding, crashing or anything.

I also apoligized for friendly fire ( like there was any ) and they still were red to me.

Ah well cheatscript ftw, this is why i got that thing running.

The game i started was a humble merchant, i doubt that gives them a reason to attack me early game.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 12:55

They are not pirate are they? Sometimes small groups of pirates have a 'shoot anything that is not pirate' policy. Also the Yaki. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 12:59

Do you have an illegal factory in that sector?

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:00

It are Argon military ships when im playing Argon with a protector of the Federation notoriety.
As soon as they enter my system they turn red, before they jump in they are blue.
Nothing is attacking them, nothing is crashing into them.

I just ended up destroying them with a cheatscript and hopefully is done now.

Would kinda suck to see my 2nd saved game i have been busy with ruined by yet again another bug.

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:05

TTD wrote:Do you have an illegal factory in that sector?
Yes, however that has been in that system for ages.
And basicly nothing attacked it before untill now.

Also it doesnt say anywhere that its illegal to place that Station in Argon space.

I also see a free argon trading station in Core space with Space Fuel and thats not really being attacked.

It also doesnt say that the station is illegal , only at the goods when you are being scanned.

Is there anyway to remove the station from a complex or is stopping of production enough to prevent this bug ?

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:13

They're attacking because they spotted your spacefuel factory.

THEY get to make spacefuel in Argon space, but they get upset if you try and cut in on their market...

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:16

Vim Razz wrote:They're attacking because they spotted your spacefuel factory.

THEY get to make spacefuel in Argon space, but they get upset if you try and cut in on their market...
It doesnt say anywhere in the interface at the station or before you plant it that the goods that it produces are illegal.

Or that placing it in a Argon system causes them to attack it.

This is just another example of when i say they should improve the interface like i pointed out in other posts.

There is also no reason to remove the station is there? so basicly a complex hub with 78 stations i have been busy with is now useless since its going to attacked all the time by Argon.
Basicly because of a unclear interface not giving enough information about a item.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:30

The in game encyclopedia clearly indicates that spacefuel is illegal in Argon space. It's also described in the printed manual as a "smuggled" item and that very few people have a license to produce it..

I mean to say you've just set up a still in the barn and are chucking out Hooch by the ton load and you expect the police to turn a blind eye? :lol:

The only real surprise is that let your spacefuel factories alone in reunion. By all rights they should have been attacked too.
Last edited by brucewarren on Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:39

brucewarren wrote:The in game encyclopedia clearly indicates that spacefuel is illegal in Argon space. It's also described in the printed manual as a "smuggled" item, that very few people have a licence to produce it..

To be fair, I would have thought that was kind of obvious. I mean to say you've just set up a still in the barn and are chucking out Hooch by the ton load and you expect the police to turn a blind eye? :lol:
This post pretty much proofs im right about the interface.
First of all no one reads a manual so pointless to refer to something like that.

A simple (illegal) next to the stations name is enough to make people think about making such a station.
They did this with the product it produces, so why not with the station.

Probably because space fuel is illegal but the station isnt ?

Also in the top right of the screen they give some info about the station, why not expand that to give more info about much resources it demands per hour for example.
And also any other IMPORTANT information like if a station is illegal or not.

Then again, you have to test a game to come up with things like this.
Something that wasnt done with this game, at least not in a proper way.

-

Edit: i just checked the in game encyclopdia and doesnt say there that the goods are illegal or that having a station like that in Argon space results in them attacking the complex its connected to.
Last edited by Daisai on Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:45

Daisai wrote:There is also no reason to remove the station is there?
No. The Argon will do that for you!
Daisai wrote:so basicly a complex hub with 78 stations i have been busy with is now useless since its going to attacked all the time by Argon.
Yep! Sorry!

Best places for fuel complexes are pirate sectors, and, so I'm reliably informed, Terran sectors.
Weed complexes can be in both as well as Teladi space, but nowhere else. :)

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:46

Coreblimey wrote:
Daisai wrote:There is also no reason to remove the station is there?
No. The Argon will do that for you!
Daisai wrote:so basicly a complex hub with 78 stations i have been busy with is now useless since its going to attacked all the time by Argon.
Yep! Sorry!

Best places for fuel complexes are pirate sectors, and, so I'm reliably informed, Terran sectors.
Weed complexes can be in both as well as Teladi space, but nowhere else. :)

That something like that isnt possbile is another example of how poor this game has been tested.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:47

Re: Manuals.

Always worth a read. The TC manual is rather a good one. It's a pity AP didn't get one as such, but then manuals are expensive to produce.

I can't speak for anyone else but I always read manuals cover to cover. There's a decent section on factories in this one including the basic elements of a closed energy loop.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:47

such illegal goods are able to be produce in Pirate ,uk and some other sectors.

Class A drugs are illegal here.
I cannot build a production plant and expect UK authorities to say...

"ok . produce it but don't use it or sell it".

Bottom line is you built in the wrong sector.

You can self destruct the complex tubes.
self destruct the illegal factory, then reconnect your complex. :)

By the way there is an acronym in many forums...RTM.(shortened to be polite)

I only learned how to play this game properly by reading the manual,the ingame 'pedia and the many guides in the stickies.
I am still learning from these posts too.
Last edited by TTD on Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:50

TTD wrote:such illegal goods are able to be produce in Pirate ,uk and some other sectors.

Class A drugs are illegal here.
I cannot build a production plant and expect UK authorities to say...

"ok . produce it but don't use it or sell it".

Bottom line is you built in the wrong sector.

You can self destruct the complex tubes.
self destruct the illegal factory, then reconnect your complex. :)
Yeah right, im going to reconnect 77 stations to one hub then reassign all the ships their waypoints again.

A cheatscript destroying ( not killing) the argon ships attacking it is easier.

So much for testing gameplay huh.

If you are talking about real life examples now it will be a bit like this.
The goverment themselfs give you all the resources to produce cocaine, they give you the acid, fuel and ammonia and all the genetic enhanced plants.

For 1 reason to produce cocaine, then when you do produce it they blow it up because its illegal.
Last edited by Daisai on Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:50

There you are again TTD. A bit happier now that you have found posts to answer. :lol:

I'd forgotten about unknown sectors, being as there as few left in AP. :)

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:53

Coreblimey wrote:There you are again TTD. A bit happier now that you have found posts to answer. :lol:

I'd forgotten about unknown sectors, being as there as few left in AP. :)
wtf are you talking about?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:59

Well the first part was in reference to a post in a different thread. I may be wrong but I think it was one of yours!

The second part was that I had forgotten to mention Unknown Sectors in places to have illegal complexes.

The third part is if your attitude doesn't change some time soon, you may well find yourself with an awful lot of questions with no-one willing to answer.
We come here to help, not to be abused!

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 14:07

Coreblimey wrote:Well the first part was in reference to a post in a different thread. I may be wrong but I think it was one of yours!

The second part was that I had forgotten to mention Unknown Sectors in places to have illegal complexes.

The third part is if your attitude doesn't change some time soon, you may well find yourself with an awful lot of questions with no-one willing to answer.
We come here to help, not to be abused!
My attitude?
Oh that im talking about how poor the game has been tested by giving valid points about the game its flaws and how it can improve it.
This after a week of play by 1 person, which basicly takes out the "we dont have a large team and alot of time" argument.

I suppose if you call that abuse it would be best if you stop going to forums or talking to other people in real life aswell.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”