How do my station ships know where to buy/sell for the best price?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kelwyn

How do my station ships know where to buy/sell for the best price?

Post by Kelwyn » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 17:18

Ok, so this has been bugging me for quite a while and I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere.

When I edit my station preferences I am able to set the maximum jump distance for buying resources and selling products, but how on earth do my ships know which npc station, in let's say a 10 sector radius, is currently selling or buying for the best price?

Wouldn't they have to fly to each sector first to determine the prices in said sector?

Or do station ships magically know all the prices at every npc station in every sector at any given time?

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

:headbang:

exp1os1v3

Post by exp1os1v3 » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 17:28

It's the future. I would hope that the stations would have something that would maybe send prices to ships. Stuff like that. Sort of a GPS for pricing, if you get me.

If your trying to figure out why ou can't view prices, then your on your own. Make some sort of story up if it helps.
"Money is like a sixth sense - and you can't make use of the other five without it." - William Somerset Maugham

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 17:34

I've always worked to the theory that your stations are connected to some kind of 'info net' which allows your freighters to know the best buy/sell prices. If that's not good enough for you though, you could always drop satellites in sectors you trade in and roleplay that you've created your own info net :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”