Befriending the pirates

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

imortalvalk
x4

Befriending the pirates

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 02:53

I was to get access to pirate wares and ships so I am trying to do missions for them, I found a pirate base, nice. I's blue, very nice. It has a bigger pirate base with 4 laser towers practicly on top of it, lol nice. That is not blue... oh dear.
I am not sure I can aproach and dock with even with my 216m/s hyperion vanguard without being shredded, any tips?

X3AP poisoned paranid start.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 03:05

The "Orphaned Missile" trick is the only way to get rid of red towers without antagonizing the base. There are a few ways to do it:

1) Fire a few missiles at it and jump to a gate within the sector before they hit.
2) Fire a few missiles at it and eject, then jump the ship out before the missiles hit.
3) Remotely command a ship to fire missiles at it, then jump that ship out before the missiles hit.

Any of these methods will cause the missiles to "forget" who fired them, so you can get rid of the towers without rep loss.

Laser towers are pretty good at shooting down missiles if they happen to be pointed in the right direction to start, so it may take a few attempts shooting from different angles to get them all.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 03:06

You have to kill them. Then you will have to find somebody to hack the station afterward.

I did a bankrupt assassin start and had the same problem with other races laser towers being red while the stations are blue. The information I gathered implies that once lasertowers go red, there is no way to get them friendly.

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 03:15

Right thanks, will the pirate anarchy port turn blue if I complete missions for the base below it?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 03:23

Again, this station will have to be hacked I'm afraid. Just keep your eyes open for stations with a light bulb above them within 3-4 sectors, and hopefully one of these will be hacker. But beware, depending on the station you want hacking, the price can be fairly steep. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 03:28

Starting to feel like the pirates are not worth it...

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 04:18

You can also find pirate missions on other stations. Sometimes, it's simple taxi missions. Just look at the portraits of the quest givers, and you will understand.

But don't think you will ever get all pirates to like you. There will always be some that look for trouble.

Much later in the game, station building is a good way to keep them happy.

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 06:01

:?

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 06:34

Don't the Laser Towers reset to blue when you enter then leave the system?

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 06:44

Aparently not, switched over to getting terran rep for now, might have another crack at pirates later.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 00:24

Personally I don't bother with them until I can set up a booze/weed 'plex.
Otherwise you're constantly having to hack stations which gets expensive.
Once you start seeing the pirates themselves start turning blue it can be worthwhile hacking the red stations, until then don't bother.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 01:00

Pirate anarchy ports in AP work a little differently than they do in TC.

They will turn from red to blue once you have good enough rep with pirates, and (similar to trading stations in AP) they'll reset from blue to red if your reputation with Pirates is bad, even after being hacked.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 05:49

First, a Hyperion with full shields can shrug off 4-5 of those pirate lasers NP. You don't even have to fly erratically.

Second, you can find other pirate bases and do missions for them.

Third, in X3AP to reset a laser tower (or any other tower) from red to blue, first get enough reputation to make the pirates very friendly (rank 4-5 or so - do a few missions). Then hack the station so it's blue.

Then send one of your ships remotely so the laser towers are within the radar circle of your remote ship (I use an M5 with triplex scanner, so it has a big circle and doesn't need to get too close). Make sure you're out of the sector, and the towers should show up as blue as soon as the remote ship gets in scanner range of them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”