Which M6 is best?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Springblossom or Hyperion?

Springblossom
34%
Hyperion
66%

Total votes: 38

imortalvalk
x4

Which M6 is best?

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 05:26

I have yet to use a springblossom but I have fought one in a centour, it absolutely pownd me, to fast to out run and the weapons on it make it dificult to aim properly when they hit you due to the explosion in your face.

The Hyperion is fantastic, got mine flying at 216m/s and 419m/s with a turbo. Able to fight fighters like a fighter but with much more firepower.
Not to mention being usefull as a blockade runner to get through xenon core sectors. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55869 ... 40E797575/ :)

I am trying to build terran rep so I can get a springblossom too but can't find any terran missions to do.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 05:34

I have to admit that, in all that time I spent in this game, I never flew a Hyperion. That may have to do with my lack of boarding attempts :D.

Anyway, I flew a Springblossom for ages, and compared to other M6 it always felt like a cheater. But your Hyperion sounds fast enough, and many people like the fact that you can have some smaller ships always with you.

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 05:39

Yeah I haven't managed to board a single ship yet aside from the tutorial vidar in TC, got this from the poisoned paranid start. And yes it is fast but I want those pandora crates to boost it even more! Sadly I don't know where to find them :(

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 06:38

With the laser recharge in X3AP the Springy can pump those rear PSSC's like a M7, but I still find the Hype-V a better ship - with PP starts and a few crates it's a much more versatile ship than the Springy.

Springy is awesome but it's so ugly - still the best ST/UT money can buy though...

Bajau
x3tc

Post by Bajau » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 07:47

imortalvalk wrote: And yes it is fast but I want those pandora crates to boost it even more! Sadly I don't know where to find them :(
Pandora tunings don't exist in TC... :(
Face it...Susie has left the building!!! (I think she was moaning about something regarding a vapourised pet ..... ;) )

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 07:56

On the face of it they are equal in my mind (just have different roles). However, after flying both in TC I would have to say the Hyperion takes the lead because of Wraith missile compatability.

I have been able to clear a Xenon sector using Wraith missiles and a Hyperion.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 08:32

I am very happy with the Hyperion missile compatability, been roaming around the war sectors (albion prelude, probably should have said earlier) and got a lot of hammerhead missiles, some wraith missiles and a ton more.

I had heard you could find pandora crates in TC and AP?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 08:40

Hyperion hands down. The springy has its place but for pure unadulterated ownage, its hard to beat the hyperion.

I started using 2 cutlass loaded up with spectres and poltergeist, homebased and set as player wingmen.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 08:45

The wide weapon placement on the Springy annoys the crap out of me when fighting against fighters, and since it's limited to Terran Weapons, I am not a fan of it for combat.

The 360 speed on it is it's only saving grace to me.

The hyperion, on the other hand, while 169 speed (which is still extremely fast for M6's), is a bit modest, but overtuned to ~330 like mine is, combined with it's huge selection of weapons, huge choice in missiles, great shields AND the fact that it can haul 2 fighers makes it a deadly force to be reckoned with. Not to mention, bigger cargo hold makes it fantastic for multirole situations.

Mine flies like a huge fighter and I have no problem frying M7's and (given enough time) M1s and M2's
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 09:46

Hyperion Vanguard because it has Hangars & 3333XL of Cargo.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 11:13

Now that the Terran plot is out, the Springy has a real use, on account of those Huge sectors. (Still prefer the Hyperion as a ship tho)

Bajau
x3tc

Post by Bajau » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 12:59

imortalvalk wrote:I had heard you could find pandora crates in TC...
I bloody WISH.... :evil: :x :(
Face it...Susie has left the building!!! (I think she was moaning about something regarding a vapourised pet ..... ;) )

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 13:00

Reintroduced in AP.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 13:08

imortalvalk wrote:I had heard you could find pandora crates in TC and AP?
Only in AP

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 13:13

I'm definitely partial to the Dragons, they're both surprisingly fast, and strong and more than capable of demolishing most other corvettes with relative ease.

The Hydra is exceptional, because it has A) IonD everywhere, and B) lots of space for missiles. Seriously, pack it full of missiles and you can sit back and kill capitals just by firing missile after missile, and still have energy to jump around.

And the Heavy Centaur Prototype is very agile, and well shielded. The only down side is the very small cargo bay.

Speaking of agile, the Pirate Centaur is as maneuverable as a fighter, and is faster than the Falcon Sentinel for the same shields. Frankly it's a surprisingly capable ship. It might be more of a threat to the player if it didn't spawn with 2x25 mj shields. Unfortunately that makes it quite the bear to capture.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 13:52

If it's TC, Springy is the best. The best M6 should be able to kill any enemy with its main guns alone, while having reasonbly high speed. Hyperion has terrible gun power when dealing with capital ships, especially in TC.

If it's AP, an overtuned Vidar, hands down.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

The_Final_Stand
x3tc

Post by The_Final_Stand » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 14:00

In TC, my favourite was the Vidar. You get one from playing the first plot, it's one of the most maneuverable M6s, and there's 10 weapons on the front, which handily obliterates anything that displeases me.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 16:22

One of those weird choices because it depends on what role you wanna use it for. If you're out just for the absolute destruction (not capping a fighter a fighter and storing it maybe, or lugging some a cargo here and there), then spring blossom by far.

But most of the time, you're not going to consistently increasing fight rank by just using an M6 and spamming your Experimental MA/MALs (could take a loooong while once you get high enough), so I'd go with Hyperion every time.

As people have mentioned before, Cargo and Hangers. I've capped some pretty rare fighters randomly and it's a pain to send in a ship to come pick it up. Just dock it and drop it off wherever.

-----

M6s are weird like that because of their multi-role/flexibility. If it was an M3 It'd be easy and I'd say Spitfyre with 6 MA/MALs (which, funny enough, dominates any M6 in seconds - including the Springblossoms, Vidars, Hyperions and small Gods).

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 16:25

I only roll with M7's so Vidar it is. It seemed alright when I got it.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 16:45

I gotta say this. Vidar is a good starting M6, especially since it's free but IMO apart from the steering the Hyperion outclasses it left right and centre.

More guns, wraith missles, bigger cargo bay, ability to carry two fighters. That last feature makes it superb for "return my abandoned ship" missions when you're asked for an m3-5 because you can scoot out, pick it up and carry it home. Also good for getting capped Ls out of Xenon space in one piece.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”