Albion Prelude Khaak

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danny200
xr

Albion Prelude Khaak

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 21:04

Is there any random Khaak clusters or attacks anymore? i know they got wiped out and stuff but this game just seems soo... friendly... there is hardly any enmies anywhere and every zone just feels way to safe...

i have a zone with nice defence that seems almost a waste as nothing attacks it.. heck my home sector with all my factories is even in a pirate sector and nexto a ton of pirate sectors and Xenon ones and i still see no action...

one thing i love is Khaak no matter where u are they would randomly spawn and attack stuff and was to be feard i loved em

now nothing attacks anything and i would love my sector attacked now and again just for fun and test me defence...

anyways is there a mod to bring Khaak clusters or Khaak attacks or spawn Khaak attacks back or make the universe more dangerous with more Xenon or Khaak?

thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 21:21

try setting up a factory around the terran/argon sectors
like omicron lyrae

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 21:24

hmm i dont really like to build in any zone that has any buildings or any patrols inside it or anything in it just a big empty sector

that way it feels more like my sector and when its attacked only me there to defend it otherise everything dies

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 22:27

Cycrow wrote:try setting up a factory around the terran/argon sectors
like omicron lyrae
That should be fairly easy to do if you follow this. For Kha'aks I tried to restore Kha'aks to their former glory in UFJD sectors, thinking that clearing them from the known universe doesn't have to mean you can't find them in some uncharted space. All it took was copying the UFJD spawn section for them from an MD file in TC.

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 22:30

UFJD Sectors? in AP?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 22:45

Danny200 wrote:UFJD Sectors? in AP?
Yep.

I know for sure you get the UFJD from a certain Teladi in the commonwealth starts. Not done the new Terran start yet

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 00:57

and all this is in Albion Prelide? dam theres more stuff in this game than i thaught lol

so if i get this i can them jump to khaak sectors freely?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 05:50

In a vanilla game the Kha'ak have disappeared completely. I was led to believe they still exist in UFJD sectors, but after hundreds of jumps, I have only ever come across Xenon. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 05:59

Coreblimey wrote:In a vanilla game the Kha'ak have disappeared completely. I was led to believe they still exist in UFJD sectors, but after hundreds of jumps, I have only ever come across Xenon. :)

This.

In vanilla, the only Kha'ak I've come across are the abandoned ships. but when Kurush said this:

I tried to restore Kha'aks to their former glory in UFJD sectors, thinking that clearing them from the known universe doesn't have to mean you can't find them in some uncharted space. All it took was copying the UFJD spawn section for them from an MD file in TC.

I assume this means he's scripted them in, or added them to the UFJD sector's spawn tables. Mod game only. :)
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 06:06

Yes to the latter. I presume he just copy and pasted the section into the AP MD file. Whether this file will now class your game as modified I'm unsure. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 07:02

As this has veered off-course,...

if you merge the 2.5 addon folder to the TC for AP conversion,you get a combined TC/AP universe map.

Not sure what else gets effected though.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 07:47

Some Info:

To get the Kha'ak you have to edit some MD code like I did here.

To get the Kha'ak sectors back you need to edit the galaxy map which shall require a new restart as well as some tricky edits.
Doing this you could turn off the war as well.

HOWEVER all this would make your game ***modified***
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

SayuNowi
x3tc

Post by SayuNowi » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 12:42

You can find Kha'ak as random abandoned spawned ships..

There should be around 5-6 in your game and thats the extent of kha'ak action in AP vanilla.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”