Space Weed Factory - Managing Prices

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ginsus
x3ap

Space Weed Factory - Managing Prices

Post by ginsus » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 00:39

Hey guys!

I know a lot of ppl use space weed factories to raise a bit of money. I would like to set the best buy/sell prices for energy and weed.

I didnt found a post with this info, so I would like to ask you, what prices are you using to buy energy and to sell the weed without need to watch to much that while it make "profitsssssssssss"?

*Obs: I know how to make a loop, I just wonder how are working for the guys who are not using loop on it.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 00:51

On the resource side, weed uses huge quantities of energy, so buying cheaper makes a big difference. For each L-sized dream farm+bliss place combo, every credit you can shave off the buying price of e-cells is 9k credits per hour in your pocket.

Personally, I don't consider it particularly worth it to build energy-loops for weed, because while weed has a hig profit margin per credit spent on stations, it's profit per energy cell isn't really that great. Better to find a spot with lots of cheap NPC energy.

On the products side, you can sell anywhere pretty reliably at avg -1 prices.

If you happen to be near a buyer like a Pirate base with no competition in sight, you can often push your prices above average and still attract masses of NPC customers -- this is pretty situational, though.

The best way to go is to play around with it a bit and see how high you can get away with selling it for in your particular game at that particular location.

ginsus
x3ap

Post by ginsus » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 00:56

Thanks for your quick answer!

I build a Dream+Bliss complex on Heretics Ends and so far Im using 2911 to sell weed and 17 to buy energy.

These prices looks to works nice, just wondering if I could get it better :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 00:58

Set your energy buying price at 14 or 15. Your factory energy buyer will buy at that or below. If there are several SPP's in nearby sectors, and one or more is always selling at 12, then you're golden. But don't depend on the NPC traders to supply your complex with energy. They're not very efficient.

Set your spaceweed price at (Average - 1) and the NPC traders will flock to buy it. It's best not to sell it with your own freighters because they can get scanned by local cops along their route and be forced to drop the 'weed, which means lost profits.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ginsus
x3ap

Post by ginsus » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 01:17

Good point about my own freighters. It also make me wonder about good scan missions oportunitys there :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”