[X3AP] 2.5 Boron capitals chilling in warzone, missile hp discussion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spur390

[X3AP] 2.5 Boron capitals chilling in warzone, missile hp discussion

Post by spur390 » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 04:27

Playing x3ap 2.5 terran commander start. sometimes in Heretic's end (or was it asteroid belt? I forget) I see one or two Boron m2s or m7s chilling near the south warpgate. They do absolutely nothing while I am in sector. Sometimes they have partial hull damage, but their shields are up and they don't fight anyone, just sit there.

Are they Boron observers who just wanna watch terrans and argons duke it out? Anybody else see this too? I'm running no mods/scripts except bonus pack.

Another question I have is are ion disruptors still good versus missiles in ap, even with the missile hp buff? I haven't gotten the chance to equip ionds yet, and hoping to use ionds as missile defense versus flails and tomahawks later on.

I've been seeing a lot of TS with ion disruptors in their cargo while raiding argon shipping. Always PRGs and IonDs, expensive weapons for lowly freighters. I suspect they are spawning with IonDs, and fortunately for pirate players, they rarely use them and drop them when asked. So IonDs are useless for the cargo ships, but profittssss for the player.

Also, terrans still need trade software mk2 in their space.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 04:36

Regarding the Boron M2s, I have indeed seen them in Asteroid Belt. I never went close enough to see if they were fighting though. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Jay_rod109
x3tc

Post by Jay_rod109 » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 04:42

I have seen these observers as well. usually paranid for me. they just sit there, until some friendly fire flies thier way, then it throws a wrench in the works :wink: :roll:

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 04:48

You can get trade mk2 at the Moon's military base.

spur390

Post by spur390 » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 05:22

Thanks for the tip. I guess I missed that location when looking at the my encyclopedia.

I am starting to wonder if the neutral capital presence is due to a coding gaffe. I don't go close to them either, but using the video goggles I can tell that they're not doing anything.

You can usually tell from pretty far away if an m2 is fighting or not. lots of pretty balls of light flying out from it.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 06:18

I'm seeing it too, they're just sitting there.

They were doing it too before the update, but they were fighting. I don't recall about before I completed the mission for the hub (on argon start, pre 2.5), but I wasn't looking for them either. Once the hub plot did what it did (avoiding spoilers here), I did notice them, and they were almost as involved as the Argons, several megalodons at a time.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 06:22

The Hub plot (Terran start) did bring the Borons into the war and that is why you will now see them fighting. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 06:23

so much for my trying to avoid a spoiler w/o a spoiler tag...

However, I havn't done the hub plot for terrans yet, and they're still in the sector sitting there.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 06:29

My apologies. But if it's any consolation:
Spoiler
Show
It's doesn't affect your Boron rep too much unless you are already very low for some reason or other.
:)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”