HOW TO FIX "PERMA" MODIFIED GAME FOR STEAM ACHIVEMENTS

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

geramul

HOW TO FIX "PERMA" MODIFIED GAME FOR STEAM ACHIVEMENTS

Post by geramul » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 12:33

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2470784

Simply put even if you clean install everything, your game, steam, your entire ****** OS if you were desperate enough, it won't matter because your modified tag will still be saved in the steam cloud.

Simply follow the instructions in the thread I linked, and mega credit to this person.

Seems like a bit of too much work if you ask me. I paid for the ****** game, I shouldn't have to spend hours googling how to remove a stupid ass tag that prevents me from getting steam achievements. This is what a game company should NOT do.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 18:02

The X games don't support Steam cloud saving. It's fine, if the linked solution worked for you, but I don't think that it's a general solution.

A game is set to modified, when an unsigned file is loaded. That can either be a script or mod (there are a very few exceptions for mods though) or a damaged file. The *modified* tag is saved within the savegame. So it will always stay with it. However, a *modified* savegame won't cause the game to mark the other saves as modified as well.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”