Question: how to make custom weapon purchasable in game

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xenon472
x4

Question: how to make custom weapon purchasable in game

Post by Xenon472 » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 14:54

Hi There
I made some custom weapon using x3 editor 2 and i would like to make them purchasable in some station but i dont know how
Can someone help me?

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 00:41

Well that's better than nothing but i was trying to add a statin that produce/sell it and not only create them in my cargo bay
Is there a way to do that?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 00:54

Use the Cheat Package to add your ware (Product) to an Equipment Dock.

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 01:33

Ah, ok....
I diddn't thought it could do that :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks very much :) :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 02:29

Simply adding the weapons to an equipment dock will not necessarily do what you want. Because there are probably no factories for your weapons you will probably need to do something along the lines that I do in my AWRM mod.

Essentially pick one or more Equipment Docks and every so often restock it. AWRM uses a combination of MD and MCSI, please feel free to reuse the same concept in your mod. If you need a hand to understand the scripting just give me a shout. :)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 03:23

Thanks for the suggestion
However i am quite new to the scripting stuff (i have mostly modified Tships , Tlaser and so on)so i have no ideas on how i can do that
Can you explain me how to do that?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 03:38

Don't worry, 472. The Cheat Package can do the restocking, too.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 07:16

Why not make a few factories and mess with the Product/Resource items to have it produce the objects you require...?

edit: via the cheat package.

Like taking a Mass Driver Forge (or whatever it is), opening the menu, selecting products, removing MD, and adding your custom weapon to it.

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 02:05

Thanks you all for your suggestion
However i had another idea: i quite figured out how the waretemplate work(i am not shure Though becouse i diddn't have the mime to try it today)So i could crate a new station in Tfactories and add the station in a sector(adding the laser editing the waretemplate)
however if i make the station buyable in a shipyard would it produce the laser or it wouldn't produce anything?
What do you think about this idea of mine?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 05:21

Xenon472 wrote:Thanks you all for your suggestion
However i had another idea: i quite figured out how the waretemplate work(i am not shure Though becouse i diddn't have the mime to try it today)So i could crate a new station in Tfactories and add the station in a sector(adding the laser editing the waretemplate)
however if i make the station buyable in a shipyard would it produce the laser or it wouldn't produce anything?
What do you think about this idea of mine?
It depends on what you want to achieve... If you want to make the wares yourself then added factories for it is probably one way to go. Although, I think there are scripts out there that will turn player owned equipment docks into factories of a sort.

However, if you are happy to leave it to the AI you could simply write an MD script that looks for NPC owned equipment docks and say once an hour adds one or more of the lasers to the equipment dock's stock.

My combined MCSI/MD scripted solution may be a little overkill for what you are wanting to achieve.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 00:01

Thanks you all for your help
I solved the problem installing some weapons with the restock metod(i added them to the yaki statinons and to the pirate anarchy ports) and for the other three weapons i Replaced the three beam weapons with mine and since i am using XRM i can buy the factories that produce the weapons

I diddnt want to rely on restock was because i want to build an empire that could hold it's own against all the races(after i bought the stations...),thats why the station i choosed for the restock are pireate's or yaki's

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”