[x2] Why do the pirates hate me and how can I make them like me?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chrismokvack
x4

[x2] Why do the pirates hate me and how can I make them like me?

Post by chrismokvack » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 16:41

I haven't ever done anything to a pirate. All my units have pirates set as friend and has the option "show as enemy if enemy to me" disabled.

Despite this, I have subsequently more and more often discovered that my patrol ships engage with pirates and have changed pirates to enemy so I have to set it back, and now even pirate bases are marked as red!

I can't have it this way since my fuel/weed loop provides almost half my income, the other half being a solid SPP empire.

If the pirates try to attack me, my patrols will shoot them down and then they can't buy my illegal goods!!

Any idea why they are angry with me even though I haven't ever attacked them?

Is it because I'm getting more and more friendly with the other factions or perhaps because I overcharge the booze & drugs?

How can I fix my reputation with them?

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 16:54

From what I've seen, pirates can have a fairly terrible view of you and they'll still let you into their bases unless said base was attacked by you or your units previously. The exceptions being Anarchy Ports, which seem to be rep based, and PBG forges/Rehabilitation Centers, which stay hostile regardless of your pirate rep.

As for your Complex, most Argon Trading Stations buy space fuel and Teladi Trading Stations buy spaceweed. NPC traders will clean you out fairly quickly anyway.

When you do finally manage to dock, just buy/sell one unit of stock repeatedly. Prices never change there and there's a minimum amount of rep you gain per transactions. It should at list get you out of the negatives.

Some pirates will attack your regardless of your rep though; nothing you can do about it.

bufi
x4

Re: [x2] Why do the pirates hate me and how can I make them like me?

Post by bufi » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 17:00

chrismokvack wrote: How can I fix my reputation with them?
In X2 is not possible, afair.

R.

Echofinder
x3tc

Re: [x2] Why do the pirates hate me and how can I make them like me?

Post by Echofinder » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 17:22

chrismokvack wrote: X2
Doh.

Well that shows how attentive I am.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”