[X3:AP] Unable to dock at unkown aldrin base.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

imortalvalk
x4

[X3:AP] Unable to dock at unkown aldrin base.

Post by imortalvalk » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 01:46

When I use the auto pilot it just mucks about doing random turns like its avoiding collision when there is nothing there or taking me further and further away, whenI try it manualy the info bot thing says I can not dock at the moment...

Playbahnosh
x4

Re: [X3:AP] Unable to dock at unkown aldrin base.

Post by Playbahnosh » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 02:04

It's probably because the docking pylon is full of NPC ships. You can wait for them to undock, maybe leave the sector and return later to see if they bailed.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 02:11

There's one station where I have never managed to dock, either. Autopilot doesn't work around the big rock, and on one station, I had the feeling that the "docking area" physically wasn't where the clamps were, and thus docking always fails.

If I can, I avoid doing anything in Aldrin myself, but do it remotely, where everything works.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 04:07

There was one station in Aldrin that would not allow me to use the docking computer or manually dock, but the automated docking finally had success after 35+ minutes of real time.

I am not sure of the actual amount of time since I left the computer and checked back from time to time. The last check I made before docking was completed was at the 35 minute mark.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 08:51

I've had the same problem myself. Although there was only one ship docked at the base (one of my own), I was refused permission to land. After a while, a lone ship (one of those that only has a dot to signify what it is) came along, landed and after about 10 mins. took off again. This happened 3-4 times before I was given permission to dock.
What I think is happening here is that npc ships, hundreds of kms. away, have asked for docking permission and been granted it, leaving the player to contemplate his navel until each has docked and left or until the number of npc ships is less than the number of docking clamps available. CRAZZY!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 13:09

Coreblimey wrote:I've had the same problem myself. Although there was only one ship docked at the base (one of my own), I was refused permission to land. After a while, a lone ship (one of those that only has a dot to signify what it is) came along, landed and after about 10 mins. took off again. This happened 3-4 times before I was given permission to dock.
What I think is happening here is that npc ships, hundreds of kms. away, have asked for docking permission and been granted it, leaving the player to contemplate his navel until each has docked and left or until the number of npc ships is less than the number of docking clamps available. CRAZZY!
You might actually be onto something. I'm not entirely certain, but I think normally when a ship wants to go to a station in a different sector, when it arrives in the sector it immediately reserves a docking place for himself on the target station, then flies there and docks. I was refused docking to the EQ in Omicron Lyrae (it was my base of operations for many games), there was only one single free clamp left and I was left sitting literally 5 m from it staring into space. After a few minutes a ship scooted into view and proceeded to dock to the one free clamp. After a few seconds it undocked and I could finally dock myself.

Because Aldrin is so gamebrakingly huge, it could be possible this is what is happening, since ships from the other side of the mufocking 'roid take ages to arrive and dock but have their place reserved nevertheless.

I know there is a "force NPC undock" script in the S&M forums somewhere, maybe try that?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 13:16

That's correct - docking slots are reserved when ships request docking permission, not when they actually arrive.

Note that docking yourself using the autopilot also reserves a slot - so if it was the last one free and you manually comm for permission while still on autopilot, you'll be refused.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 13:20

Wow! I've actually got something right! I think I'll reward myself with a nice piece of Battenburg that I bought yesterday. :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Smellfire
x4

Post by Smellfire » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 03:21

Got the same issue at the moment. Transport mission from aldrin 2 and wont let me dock. Docking points all free and none of my ships docked.

Gave me two transport missions aswell which I can't pick up either.

Refuses manual dock or auto pilot.

Bloody stupid.

Thought there was meant to be a slot reserved for player ships, obviously doesn't work.

Smellfire
x4

Post by Smellfire » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 03:21

Got the same issue at the moment. Transport mission from aldrin 2 and wont let me dock. Docking points all free and none of my ships docked.

Gave me two transport missions aswell which I can't pick up either.

Refuses manual dock or auto pilot.

Bloody stupid.

Thought there was meant to be a slot reserved for player ships, obviously doesn't work.

Ooops, necro'd an old thread, thought it was was august this year... Sorry.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 11:43

getting within close range of docking clamps and using the Docking Computer usually works for me.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 01:32

I always park M5s or some kind of cheap ship to.mark important places. In Aldrin, I did the same. If you.order.your ships (not the playership) to dock somewhere, they seem to be always able to dock. I usually take my ship out of.the.Aldrin stations, then if i'm fast enough, (NPCs need time too to think about their destination) I can order my own autopilot to dock, and it's successful. And of course after my job's done, I order the M5 to dock back to The station.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”