What happens if I board a TM with fighters still docked?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The_Final_Stand
x3tc

What happens if I board a TM with fighters still docked?

Post by The_Final_Stand » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 11:00

Pretty much as title. If I was to, say, start hunting Zephyrus' with some marines, but it didn't launch all its fighters, what would happen when the marines take it over? Would it autolaunch all of them? Would such a situation ever even come up?

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 11:12

huh... that's actually a great question. I never thought about this, since every TM I attacked launched all it's fighters and they didn't let let up until I destroyed them, so this might be interesting to know.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 11:41

In an early patch of X3TC, you could board a hostile M1 in assassination missions and find a whole load of fighters left on board that were 'neutral' to you and of 'unknown' or 'no' pilot. There were several jigs you could dance using ship position, station docking, carrier command and system override software, etc in order to take possession of them. Then a patch fixed that particular issue.

Since then, any fighters now rarely left on board captured carriers are always enemy to you with hostile pilots and will attack you and the captured ship if IS and they launch (or will just disappear if OOS), one of which they eventually will do if left to it. I believe that is still the case in X3TC/X3AP now.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 3. Aug 12, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 11:44

It happens with larger carriers every so often.
If you capture the carrier with fighters still aboard they aren't automatically yours. You can force them to launch, and then try to get them to bail at the usual %.
There is also a script that changes them to no-pilot and can then be claimed.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 13:58

If they aren't enemy, such as if you're a Federation Guardian and steal a Titan, they'll launch and go to a nearby 'friendly' station.

However, if you get to a shipyard before the launch you will get some cash for them.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 18:33

The same thing happens when it has a ship homebased to the carrier that cant dock with it, usually an M8 or two. Boarded a Deimos not too long ago in TC and all the fighters launched and docked at a nearby shipyard. The bombers jumped with the Deimos to Argon Prime but after the Deimos docked the bombers went back to Paranid Prime and their homebase was cleared when they docked at the shipyard there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”