Albion Prelude Pirate Bases!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danny200
xr

Albion Prelude Pirate Bases!

Post by Danny200 » Sat, 4. Aug 12, 21:43

Hey i heard if you destroy pirate bases that they will respawn... my question is

1) Do they respawn anywhere in the universe? or only in unknown sectors or pirate sectors?

2) can a pirate base spawn in a sector that already has a pirate base?

3) what dose a pirate base even do?

4) how many ships dose it spawn and is it randomly or is it time for example every 4 hours they spawn a band of pirates...

i have a nice home in Unknown sector and what i want to do is have about 5 or so pirate bases spawn in that sector (no cheats or mods) so if i go destroy all pirate bases in the universe and keep doing it till i get atleast 5 in my home sector will this work?

StarSword
x3tc

Re: Albion Prelude Pirate Bases!

Post by StarSword » Sat, 4. Aug 12, 21:48

Danny200 wrote:Hey i heard if you destroy pirate bases that they will respawn... my question is

1) Do they respawn anywhere in the universe? or only in unknown sectors or pirate sectors?

4) how many ships dose it spawn and is it randomly or is it time for example every 4 hours they spawn a band of pirates...

i have a nice home in Unknown sector and what i want to do is have about 5 or so pirate bases spawn in that sector (no cheats or mods) so if i go destroy all pirate bases in the universe and keep doing it till i get atleast 5 in my home sector will this work?

1. Yes. I had one spawn out past the Oort Cloud in Terran space.
  2. Don't know.
  3. It's just a space station. Another market for your goods if you're in good with the pirates, and another target if you aren't.
  4. About a dozen ships per base, mostly fighters which go out in flights of about three to six. They respawn at the base when the racial militaries inevitably destroy them.
  5. Probably possible, but the odds against it are astronomical and it would take forever. There's something like 150 different sectors, and the game doesn't tell you where the pirate base spawns. Plus, you'll piss off the pirates by destroying the bases.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 04:50

Danny200 wrote:1) Do they respawn anywhere in the universe? or only in unknown sectors or pirate sectors?
Usually within about 3 gates radius
I've never seen or heard of that happening in 5 years of X3 (TC & R before that). it /may/ be possible but I really doubt it
It's another trading dock, for pirates
StarSword wrote:Yes. I had one spawn out past the Oort Cloud in Terran space.
This may have changed in AP, but in TC there's always a pirate base spawned in one of those 4 UkS's
Probably possible, but the odds against it are astronomical and it would take forever. There's something like 150 different sectors,
About 230 in TC; I think AP whittled them down a bit but it's still closer to 200 than 100 (I'm not going to post exact figures unless asked)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 05:01

238 sectors (including Hub sector) in AP. AP added not took away. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 05:26

Coreblimey wrote:238 sectors (including Hub sector) in AP. AP added not took away. :)
So, where's Family Ryk?

Edit: I know you meant numbers, but at least something is gone.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 05:42

Ahem! :oops:

Oh yeh! Still there along with Family Zyarth, but with all the gates going down you just can't reach them. Same as the Kha'ak sectors. They still exist but there is just no way of getting there.
So why bother putting them on the map! Phew! :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 08:00

Snafu_X3 wrote:
I've never seen or heard of that happening in 5 years of X3 (TC & R before that). it /may/ be possible but I really doubt it
It's definitely possible and I've had it happen--I forget which game it was in, though, it's possible it's something that happened in earlier games that's been coded out of X3TC.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 5. Aug 12, 10:02

pjknibbs wrote:
Snafu_X3 wrote:
It's definitely possible and I've had it happen--I forget which game it was in, though, it's possible it's something that happened in earlier games that's been coded out of X3TC.
But you can still get PBs with Anarchy ports nearby in TC,
Not sure about AP.

Of course,if you use s/m such as Cycrow's Cheat package,you can have as many PBs in your sector as you wish.
There are certain items that you can only get from PBs
Some PBs allow Marine Training.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”