[AP]Khaak ships floating around?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Playbahnosh
x4

[AP]Khaak ships floating around?

Post by Playbahnosh » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 00:30

Okay, I chalked it up to a bug or stupid chance when I found a fully intact and armed empty Scout just floating near a gate, but now...

...I found a Corvette! :o Yes, I found a fully equipped (8 BKE, 15 Thorns) Khaak Corvette, empty, just floating in space in the Unknown Sector near Unseen Domain. It had a few dents and scrapes and didn't have any shields, but otherwise it was fully combat worthy. I was just flying around scanning the roids for my future complex, hoping for some high yield ones, but I found an even bigger reward.

I never flew a Khaak ship before, let alone a Corvette. I mean, I fought them in combat and died to them many times in TC, but this is insane. I patched it up and went to test it in a patrol mission. Results: I ABSOLUTELY OBLITERATED EVERYTHING! Seriously, this ship eats M7s for breakfast! Fighters? Bah, it's like a bug-zapper... I can continuously fire the BKEs even at 0% power and the Thorns can take out entire clouds of fighters. This almost feels like cheating...

Just out of curiosity I checked the sectors my explorer went through and I found another Scout and an Interceptor... WTF? :o I Aren't Khaak ships supposed to be (near) impossible to capture? How are they just floating in space empty all of a sudden? I mean, I know AP random generates abandoned ships, but all of them are Khaak? Is this a bug or something?

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 00:37

One of the last plots of X3TC kind of explains what's happened to the Kha'ak:
Spoiler
Show
Operation Final Fury: we fight back against the Kha'ak and eventually kill off their queen hive mind or something like that; thereby all the Kha'ak everywhere are dead / comatose and their ships are left floating in space. Which is why you're finding them like that.

There's a script, if you want to search for it, by Emperor Jon that will find all the ships for you. Their locations are randomized every time you start a new game.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 00:45

Yes, I know of the OFF plot, I played TC for years, but I thought...
Spoiler
Show
...the hive we killed was just one of many. In fact, I anticipated some kind of "The Khaak Strikes Back" kind of mission in AP.
So, I get it, but why is every single one a Khaak ship? I was anticipating some variety, like "Enhanced" or "Advanced" models of CM ships, like in TC...

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 00:48

Spoiler
Show
Look out for a 'Prototype' or 'Advanced' ship. There is one, but I'll not spoil it by telling what type. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 10:47

Spoiler
Show
The abandoned ships are randomly selected from a list that is mainly Kha'ak and with several possible types of the rarer ships. There is for example no guarantee that you will get all the types of Kha'ak fighters represented nor which (if any) specials you will get. You should get the M6 somewhere. So since the selection and locations change every time you start a new game, saying which fighter type(s) you have in a game and where is rather irrelevant.

(Similar with tunings.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

stoggy

This is about albion prelude and not TC right?

Post by stoggy » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 05:39

I cant find any khaak ships or over tunings. What do yall think im doing wrong? I am an argon rocking a kyoto stacked with hyperions which are also stacked with eclipses. Ive run the 2.5 storyline to its end.

Khaak dont even show in my encyclopedia. So i guess that means ive never found any in AP.
Last edited by stoggy on Wed, 8. Aug 12, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 05:54

To find the ships in your particular game, (every game places them in a different random position), head over to the S&M Forum and look for a vanilla friendly script called ej.findwares.zip by EmperorJon. it will give you all the locations of both abandoned ships and tuning crates. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 06:21

Playbahnosh wrote:Yes, I know of the OFF plot, I played TC for years, but I thought...
Spoiler
Show
...the hive we killed was just one of many. In fact, I anticipated some kind of "The Khaak Strikes Back" kind of mission in AP.
From what I hear, they do come back, but not until X Rebirth.

BTW, Coreblimey, I love your sig. :lol:
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

stoggy

Post by stoggy » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 07:10

stupid problem now. i seem to not know how to properly enter nav cordinates. my strings keep bringing me to the center of system and i dont see any position numeric to work off to find it myself. What am i doing wrong?

TheGoldElite
x4

Post by TheGoldElite » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 07:17

Could you not pop an advanced satellite in every sector? I was doing this anyway, and it shows up if there is a claimable ship in sector, even if it's out of scanner range. I got the message in scale plate green, so I zipped around in a kestrel for s while until I found a khaak scout.

I kinda forgot about that TC mission!

stoggy

Post by stoggy » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 07:25

The advanced satellite does not help at all for things off scan and it doesnt resolve my cordinate issue either.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 07:43

stoggy wrote:stupid problem now. i seem to not know how to properly enter nav cordinates. my strings keep bringing me to the center of system and i dont see any position numeric to work off to find it myself. What am i doing wrong?
Try using the navigation command 'move to position'. Then use the numeric pad to move the cursor to the co-ordinates. Use 'INSERT' to change to the 'y' axis. When finished just press 'ENTER' and your ship will fly there. :)

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 07:52

Abandoned ships are usually REALLY out the way in a sector. That's why I tell my explorer ships to map every sector 3 times: on the ecliptic, +200 above and -200 below the ecliptic, the map radius is usually 200 but it depends on the sector really. This is enough to find most abandoned ships. Navsats could help, but they only have triplex scanners like (I assume) your ships, and they can't move so they can't actively search. A Kestrel or a Spitfyre on the other hand... :roll:

If you happen to know where and abandoned ship is, you can use the "Move to position" command, and once on the map, move the marker with the numpad keys. You can see the actual coordinates on the lower right corner. First move it to the X/Y coordinates, then press the Insert key to flip the map to the Z axis and move it up or down to the Z coordinate too. Keep in mind, that coordinates on the map are in km, so you gotta multiply those number by 1000 to get the correct coordinates (or divide the coordinated by 1000 to get km). So if the ship is at X=56234 Y=-26872 Z=-75892 you should set your marker on the map to

Last edited by Playbahnosh on Wed, 8. Aug 12, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 07:59

Playbahnosh wrote: Navsats could help, but they only have triplex scanners like (I assume) your ships...
Nav sats. have a range just a bit larger than a duplex scanner, and an adv. sat has a range just a bit larger than triplex. :)

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 08:01

Coreblimey wrote:
Playbahnosh wrote: Navsats could help, but they only have triplex scanners like (I assume) your ships...
Nav sats. have a range just a bit larger than a duplex scanner, and an adv. sat has a range just a bit larger than triplex. :)
Yes I was thinking about adv.sats. Since that's only kind I use, I thought the simple nav.sats have triplex too. thank for the correction.

stoggy

Post by stoggy » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 18:30

ok trying to get to x - 23548 y 48806 z -3589

i cant get this to work at all. WHy dont the cordinates take me to the position.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:12

stoggy wrote:ok trying to get to x - 23548 y 48806 z -3589

i cant get this to work at all. WHy dont the cordinates take me to the position.
If you're in the Albion region, it's because the navigation system is bugged beyond belief (reference this thread). Anywhere else, ur doin it wrong.

When you go to give the command to move to position and you get to the sector map, move the map cursor with the arrow keys to the coordinates you want. The cursor's current coords will be given in the corner of the map in kilometers. The coords you want would be (-23.5, 48.9, -3.6).
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

stoggy

Post by stoggy » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 20:38

woot woot i found the corvette. It came down to using a 10 pack of disco raiders to find its resting position. It didnt fight me but was made dangerous by it flipping end over end thru space.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 21:23

stoggy wrote:woot woot i found the corvette. It came down to using a 10 pack of disco raiders to find its resting position. It didnt fight me but was made dangerous by it flipping end over end thru space.
was that google translate? :sceptic:

And yes, the Corvette's "wings" do rotate continuously. It looks stupid and it's disorienting, but once you sit inside it, it's freggin death machine :twisted:

stoggy

Post by stoggy » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:34

ok new question. Has anyone found any of the khaak capitals abandoned? m1's or m2's

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”