Let's come together and make a FULL Star Wars conversion!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 20:03

I used to have a lot of fun with textures, and I even had a tutorial up some where on how to make transparent and glowing textures.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I had helped someone with their Tie Fighter and Interceptor. I got pretty annoyed with people constantly trying to use stock textures, stock bump maps, and shaders associated with those stock maps. He gave me the models, and I experimented a little bit and came up with these:

Tie 1
Tie 2
Tie 3
Tie 4
Tie 5
Tie 6
Tie Inteceptor 1
Tie Inteceptor 2
Tie Inteceptor 3

I probably took it a lil bit too far with the bump mapping, but hey I like detail. :D I have no idea what happened to those guys. I don't even remember their names. This was like 5-6yrs ago. I think I still even have the model of the Executor and these Ties. As always, RL got in the way. :(I wouldn't even begin to try to offer any help, but I did wanted to show you those models and tell me if you have seen them somewhere and/or what you thought about them. :) I think I ended up using some type of gray texture I created with custom bump mapping, and I believe I ended up using a moon shader for the non glossiness. Argon solar panel textures were used on the solar panels. And as you can see from the background, those are all in game shots.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 21:12

OMG... LOL... start doing that with a Star Destroyer and we're gonna need quantum computing to run the game LOL...

Those look photorealistic and amazing. Well done indeed.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 22:15

Hey how hard/time consuming do you think it would be to make a super small mod to just have all the ships in 1 sector like it was done in your video?

Reason is because I would love to just be able to put X3 on my entertainment computer, get a cheap usb joystick, sit on a chair with my 10yr old son, and just pretend like we are flying the Falcon.

Then again, if you guys have just that 1 mod like you did in the video, that would be perfect for me! :)

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 22:58

Flybye wrote:Thanks :)

Hey how hard/time consuming do you think it would be to make a super small mod to just have all the ships in 1 sector like it was done in your video?

Reason is because I would love to just be able to put X3 on my entertainment computer, get a cheap usb joystick, sit on a chair with my 10yr old son, and just pretend like we are flying the Falcon.

Then again, if you guys have just that 1 mod like you did in the video, that would be perfect for me! :)
Well if ZERO people are willing to do anything, then it doesn’t matter how small the mod… LOL…

Truth be told, what you’re asking for is there… I mean the mod is available and ready for download as described in the OP and the ad. All you see in the ad is just tons of hours of work on my part spawning all the ships with a cheat script, positioning them perfectly, doing all the audio and video editing, etc. When first starting on the mod, I was told a few code instructions to do with the tons of files for all the ships, and I poured a ton of hours into that, but things fizzled from there. But all the willingness to work from one guy is worthless without someone involved who has the know-how, and there is no one with the know-how who is interested or willing.

I have even offered TO PAY ACTUAL COLD HARD CASH to anyone willing to make a few Star Wars Ships missing from X3 that are available for other games… the meshes ALREADY EXIST, you would just have to slap them together for X3, and no one is willing. EVEN PAID!!! LOL…

I don’t get it.

Also, I don't know if you saw my rig from the link in the OP, but playing with a joystick is the only way to go. I have been a strictly PC gamer since the 80's and have never used anything but a joystick (after they came out with the mappable ones).

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 23:53

Offering cash and people still didn't give in? Lol

I think another problem is Rebirth is almost here. No one knows if what you make now will be compatible with Rebirth, and if it is how many adjustments would be needed to make it work right?

Me and a few guys also started making a mod a few years ago called Enrertainment Mogul or something like that. Idea was to have a cruise ship with personnel scripts, gambling scripts, scripts requiring you to hire all the crew you need, creating waste wares , food wares, misc souvenir wares, etc. we were going to have different locations of where the cruise ship would go, where to pick up passengers, custom stations, etc. I even started duplicating the cruise ship from The 5th Element. I was even going to create a city on an asteroid. I so wanted to created a massive cavern inside an asteroid.

So many ideas but so little time. We even had our own forums like you guys have, but RL simply got in the way.

Arachno.R
x3

Post by Arachno.R » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 09:09

Hi boys!

As I see, no to big progress here :-) Everybody just waiting, right? :-)

How many polys have there Ties Flybye? :-) And which shader are u using?

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 13:41

I'd be lying if I remembered a number since I didn't make them. I do remember the solar panels being pretty lean, though. So overall I dont think it was very much maybe in the 5k-10k range.

But since I did work on the shaders, I do remember that. :) The solar panels are Argon solar panels, and I do not believe I changed the shader. The hull most certainly is a moon shader with a plain gray texture. The front window was just a black texture with a regular shader.

I remember having a brick in the game with every color imaginable and every color having each shader in the game. Ah good times.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 15:26

is this mod dead?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”