Sound issue 5.1 now just 1

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ghastous
x4

Sound issue 5.1 now just 1

Post by ghastous » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 13:21

Im expericing some really strange sound issue on my X3TC. I load up my game and my sound is perfectly working in my 5.1 setup then 2 mins in it lags and changes to just the 1 speaker which is my middle. Now ive updated my drivers and done the codec FFDshow thing but no luck at all. Any 1 got any ideas. Also had to post in here cos it wont let me post in the technical forums which is a bit stupied seeing as thats where it should be.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 13:38

Please register your game and we'll move this to the Tech Support forum.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 14:17

Win7 and X3's DirectSound do work off and on (mostly off though) while EAX will not work with Win7 or Vista without an emulator software layer such as ALchemy etc (which are also rather unstable with X3). The best always-stable surround setting when playing X3 is to set your speaker layout option to quadraphonic/4.0/4.1 in the soundcard console. (Also set the 'fill speakers' option if you have one.) You can easily set it back to 5.1 for DVDs and OpenAL games etc.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ghastous
x4

Post by ghastous » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:34

right i registerd my game and ill give that quad a go. Also i have a friend that as the same sound drivers as me and a 5.1 setup and his game works fine so i dont think its my side but the game oh well was getting right into the game aswell

EDIT: np guys ive fixed the issue it seems a file went missing from the game which was making the sound go funky i rechecked my cache on steam and every thing is A ok :D thx again for the info

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”