Unknown Sector west of Xenon 534 (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StarSword
x3tc

Unknown Sector west of Xenon 534 (TC)

Post by StarSword » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:34

I'm eyeballing the Unknown Sector west of Xenon 534 (north of Getsu Fune) as a good location for a complex, having scanned (I think) all the asteroids and found multiple high-yield ones. I've got a couple of questions:
  • What are the universe map coordinates of this sector, for the benefit of my complex calculator?
  • I'm worried about the Xenon next door. Is there much of a chance that they'll decide my complex is crunchy and good with ketchup? (I never saw any come through the gate while I was scanning rocks, but you never know.)
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:38

The co-ords are 16,0
I have never seen any Xenon enter that sector in untold number of games. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:41

Thanks, Coreblimey. :D
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:41

I have put a TC complex in there and have never seen a single Xenon enter. There was a Pirate Base though (handy to sell the contraband wares) so I had to swat the occasional Pirate patrol coming towards the complex rather than heading out (to die) into the Xenon sector. The Base also allowed me missions to build and hack stations owned by Pirates too, so the sector ended up quite well developed.

The coords for that sector in my complex calc (Xadrian) are 16,0.

Edit: Too slow!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:47

Alan Phipps wrote:I have put a TC complex in there and have never seen a single Xenon enter. There was a Pirate Base though (handy to sell the contraband wares) so I had to swat the occasional Pirate patrol coming towards the complex rather than heading out (to die) into the Xenon sector. The Base also allowed me missions to build and hack stations owned by Pirates too, so the sector ended up quite well developed.
Found a pirate base there in my last game, but not this time. I wonder why?

Doodeedoodoo doodeedoodoo... :lol:

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 18:02

Originally the sector starts without a piratebase. This means it comes from a nearby sector where a piratebase got obliterated (Xenon sector 597 next to menelaus paradise starts with a piratebase that's obviously shortlived (brave but foolish pirates...) so a big chance it's from there.
Usually piratebases respawn in some sector nearby where they perished, this keeps on going, till they land in a sector where they're left alone and as the Unknown sector next to Xenon Sector 534 sees no activity, a piratebase spawning there lasts forever (or till the player enganges m)

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 19:23

I too have used that particular unknown sector in various games all the way back to X2 (though not in my current TC game, at least not yet), and have never seen a single Xenon ship enter. Don't recall any pirates there either, though I think I've had Kha'ak spawn there occasionally, so having a M6 or two on patrol there might not be a bad idea.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 19:27

@ Baratheon79: Do Final Fury first and you probably won't see any Kha'ak there again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 19:38

Alan Phipps wrote:@ Baratheon79: Do Final Fury first and you probably won't see any Kha'ak there again.
Already done that plot in my current game, but as I said, I haven't built anything there so far this time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”