How to use blueprints?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ginsus
x3ap

How to use blueprints?

Post by ginsus » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 21:51

I got the Fenrir and the Mjolnir from the Balance of Power plot, finished the plot and have the ships parked in a station.

I heard that I would get blueprints from those ships. How to get it and how to use?

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 22:06

If you have the blueprints, they'll be available at your HQ. IIRC though, since you actually have those 2 ships, you never get the blueprints for them without reverse engineering them. The blueprints you do get are for 2 other terran ships.
Streaming most nights 1800-0000ish at www.twitch.tv/chthonicone/

ginsus
x3ap

Post by ginsus » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 22:17

I still did not finished the HUB, Im filling it with silicon so far and will need to fill with chips after this. So, only after this, and doing the HQ plot I will can use the blueprints right?

I never had a HQ, I dont know much on how it work

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 22:24

The HQ is your own personal shipbuilding yard. To be able to build ships you first need a blueprint of that ship. Blueprints can be bought or obtained by reverse engineering a ship. The blueprints themselves tell the HQ what resources a particular ship requires and how much cash is needed. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

ginsus
x3ap

Post by ginsus » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 22:39

I still did not saw blueprints available to sell. I will only see when I have my HQ?

Still there is something confusing me a bit.
As soon as you have both ships under your control and the Pirate ships destroyed, you get a message telling you that the Terrans are attacking the Argon Secret Service outpost. You are to get back there and defend it. Don't bother about it yet though, your first priority is to get your prize ATF fighters to safety. Do not send them for RE-ing. I repeat, DO NOT send them for RE-ing at the PHQ; just park them somewhere. If you do not own both at the time that you complete the plotline then you won't get the two additional prizes at the end
I cut it from the walkthrough of Balance of Power from Roguey´s site. It says to not Re-ing. Im confused.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 22:50

ginsus wrote:I cut it from the walkthrough of Balance of Power from Roguey´s site. It says to not Re-ing. Im confused.
RE = reverse-engineering. The PHQ takes the ship apart and you get the blueprint for it.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:04

Once you have the PHQ there are two ways to get blueprints

a) Reverse Engineer a ship at the PHQ, destroying it in the process. Make sure it goes into the reverse engineering queue, and not the recycle queue. It's soooo easy to make that mistake and lose a ship for nothing.
b) Buy them from NPCs.

Roguey's advice is specific to that plot. If you reverse engineer the two ships too soon, you won't get the blueprints for two additional ships that are also worth having.

In answer to your other question until you get the PHQ blueprints are not for sale.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:07

what he is saying is that you need to be fully complete the plot before REing the ships. all in all there are 4 blueprints available for that section, the 4 ATF fighters. 2 are uploaded automatically at the end of the plot IF you have both of those ships in your possesion at the completion point. the other 2 are the ships themselves. the blueprints you get for them you need to tell the PHq to Reverse Engineer them first. this will destroy the fighters but will allow you to build as many as you wish once they are done.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:07

bruce ya bugger you ninja'd me AGAIN!!!
find me on Steam

Thrasher91604
x3tc

Post by Thrasher91604 » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:22

Well this is still not clear, and I have had the same question in mind for a long time, and would like a clear crisp answer. So let me rephrase the question, if I may.

We finished the Balance of Power missions, have both of the ships. But no blueprints.

Will the 2 blueprints magically appear somewhere once we build the build/drop the PHQ? I've been assuming this is the case (and I hope). I understand that the other 2 blueprints require REing the ATF ships we capped.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 23:53

i always worked towards my PHQ as fast as possible and had it before doing the BoP plot. but the answer should be YES. they will be in the blueprints list of the PHq on the assumption you have BOTH ATF fighters capped and still in your possesion.

iirc the blueprints are attached to the ships, something like the Valk blueprint is on the Thor fighter (i cant remember the details of the order anymore) so if you have only 1 of the fighters you will recieve the appropriate blueprint attached to that fighter.

the other 2 blueprints you will recieve once you RE the two bailed fighters!!
find me on Steam

Thrasher91604
x3tc

Post by Thrasher91604 » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 00:00

OK, it sounds like I should keep my fingers crossed, unless someone has actually tried this.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 00:43

ginsus wrote:I cut it from the walkthrough of Balance of Power from Roguey´s site. It says to not Re-ing. Im confused.
It sounds to me like he issued that warning for players who used a cheat package to get an HQ earlier than they'd normally be able to -- RE-ing the quest ships that you need to turn in might break the plot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”