[X3R] Khaak infestations common?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joefitts63
x3tc

[X3R] Khaak infestations common?

Post by joefitts63 » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 06:55

I recently started playing this wonderful game, but I ran into a situation in Ore Belt where multiple Khaak clusters had broken into individual ships and infested the sector. Most enemies seem to disappear if you go away, but these Khaak stuck around until I cleared them out myself.

I was wondering whether I can expect this to happen often, or whether it is a rare occurence. Thanks for any info!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 07:11

Solo Kha'ak clusters (which can be up to a dozen or so ships in themselves) aren't that uncommon, but the AI sector defence tends to clear them up quite fast.

However, there are also occasional Kha'ak invasions with lots of clusters and a capital ship or two. Depending on which sector they spawn in they may wipe out the sector defences (and everything else), so you have to clear them up yourself. iirc, it's a maximum of 2 invasions at any one time.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 07:33

In x3 reunion it is fairly common to have atleast one sector swarmed by khaak at the game start. Usually they have destroyers + ships.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 08:36

And there's a good reason for it, story-wise: though your player character hurt the Kha'ak bad in X2: The Threat, they're continuing their invasion of the Commonwealth.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”