[X3R] Economy Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joefitts63
x3tc

[X3R] Economy Question

Post by joefitts63 » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 02:42

Will the overall AI fix serious economic problems in a sector, or do I have to fill them myself? Specifically, the Argonian economy is completely stalled for lack of energy cells. I think a Khaak invasion of Ore Belt destroyed a couple of them. Without those factories to produce energy cells, nothing is happening in any of the main Argon sectors within a couple of jumps of Argon Prime. I don't really want to set up an energy cell complex all that much, but I will if I have to. Do I have to?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 02:52

There are a couple of SPPs in power circle and there should be one in Antigone Memorial plus a couple more in Queen's Space. So I shouldn't worry too much. The npc traders shouldn't have too much trouble servicing the necessary stations that require e-cells. They may be rebuilt in Ore Belt in a day or so. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

joefitts63
x3tc

Post by joefitts63 » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 02:56

Trust me, the NPC traders aren't getting it done. Every factory in Argon Prime, Heart of Light, Red Light, Cloudbase SW, and Cloudbase SE is idle for lack of energy cells.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 02:56

There will always be holes in the economy that only the player can fill. Normally ecells are not a problem due to the SPPs in Ore Belt and The Wall. If the rest of the economy is in good shape and the player is supplying the missing elements, the SPPs in Ore Belt should be replaced by the AI.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 03:37

Are the SPPs in the region themselves full? A CLS-2 freighter or three hauling energy to key clients to keep them in production may or may not be worth the effort, depending on what your looking for.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”