Towing complexes possible? (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shogouki
x3tc

Towing complexes possible? (TC)

Post by Shogouki » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 03:47

Is it possible to tow an entire complex with the tractor beam in TC? Or can structures only be towed when not connected?

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 03:49

When not connected.

Shogouki
x3tc

Post by Shogouki » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 04:04

Bugger, I think Barren Shores will soon be off limits for the sake of my CPU heh. Thank you for the info!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 04:09

Even single stations, you can NOT drag them through gates to a different sector. If that's what you were thinking of doing.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 04:41

Only in vanilla. However the accepted method for dealing with large complexes is to build them in a place which you will rarely be looking so that the CPU doesn't have to render it. Either staying out of the Barren Shores sector, or dragging the roids far to the south so that the distance fog will hide them. The computer then doesn't have to render them and you don't have to worry about the CPU melting.

I personally just stay out of the sectors that I have large complexes in. Of course, being an idiot, I built one in Legend's Home.

Now, there are a couple of Scirpts and Modding options. One is Super Tractor Beam, which I believe is capable of towing a complex, and the other is station packer. Which should let you repack and redeploy a badly placed station.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Shogouki
x3tc

Post by Shogouki » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 05:05

Well I'm looking to beat TC un-modded so I think I may just have to stay clear of the sector. I had initially towed all the silicon mines upwards a great deal but now I think that it wasn't far enough heh.

T.S.Zatoichi
x3tc

Post by T.S.Zatoichi » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 05:32

The easiest plan is to build complexes behind a gate, that way you can usually still enter the sector as long as you don't turn around.
"I'm shocked! Shocked to learn that there is gambling going on in here!"
"Your winnings, sir."
"Oh! Thank you very much."

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 14:39

There's not really a way to 'beat' TC, but good for you for trying. Personally I've never felt any need to play without mods.

If you are going without though, I applaud your tenacity. So if you've towed the mines up and are still getting FPS issues, remember that you can build within 20km of a complex hub and that means you can keep building up wards to move the main bulk of the complex out of sight. Build it in a long vertical column from the top down to the mines to keep the bulk of the factories out of visual range.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

machoney

Post by machoney » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 14:54

I placed complex in Seizewell, one silicon mine couldnt been added to hub, then, while i was placing more factories even after reloading endlessly i couldnt make one crystal mine to be connected to the hub, ultimatedly i just linked that crystal fab with lone silicon mine.
Since you said that mines can be towed, so does it mean that i can blow up my second hub and tow those mine and fab into first hub's reach?

Now that i think about it, i have 2 complexes in Antigone Memorial.... hmmmm... :)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 17:24

Maybe you can just place a new hub for the 2 stations - and place it within reach of the main hub.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 17:48

Yes you can tow the mine and the crystal fab, separately (as long as they're lone stations not connected to anything).

T.S.Zatoichi
x3tc

Post by T.S.Zatoichi » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 17:55

machoney wrote:Since you said that mines can be towed, so does it mean that i can blow up my second hub and tow those mine and fab into first hub's reach?
Yes. If you use the 'self destruct' on the complexes hub, it'll disconnect all the tubes and then you can move everything to a better location. Make sure to save before doing anything though, just in-case. :)
"I'm shocked! Shocked to learn that there is gambling going on in here!"
"Your winnings, sir."
"Oh! Thank you very much."

machoney

Post by machoney » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 17:58

Yes, it worked, i merged second mini hub into first, and then i crashed into asteroid without saving O.o
anyway its time to merge my 2 big hubs in Antigone memorial, one has 31 factories, the other 20 :D

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 19:56

machoney wrote:Yes, it worked, i merged second mini hub into first, and then i crashed into asteroid without saving O.o
anyway its time to merge my 2 big hubs in Antigone memorial, one has 31 factories, the other 20 :D
Those are tiny compaired to what others have been building. Most of mine are in the 80+ range. Was planning on making my chip plant for hub in the 500+ range. Also there are times when you may want to keep them seprate too. Just in case the main plex cannot supply enough e-cells to stay a closed loop.

Edit:Also with the bonus pack. You can turn off factories so they dont consume reasources so you can use them as added storage space for wares or needed reasorses.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”