Aldrin bases and terran economy in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheGoldElite
x4

Aldrin bases and terran economy in AP

Post by TheGoldElite » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 12:16

Well I've gone for a new start as terran. So I'm new to the whole saving the economy thing, but I'm buying M5s and placing them in as many of the stations as I can to save them, and I have a few questions.

1. Which stations are most important? I heard it was the C ration and water and ice I think, so I'm prioritising them first, because they don't respawn easily and aren't buyable, right? I'm also saving any weapon stations that can't be bought at the shipyard.

2. Do the aldrin stations dissapear too? if so, which ones do I need to save?

3.Is it okay for me to m5 all the stations and leave it at that, or do I need to rush out the Sector traders as well?

4.Why in gods name is this not fixed?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 12:29

TheGoldElite wrote:4.Why in gods name is this not fixed?
If you just started, how do you know that it wasn't fixed? I just started my second ingame day as Terran in AP now and I have no problems with disappearing stations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

TheGoldElite
x4

Post by TheGoldElite » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 12:35

Well I assumed not because there was no mention of it in the changelogs, has it been fixed? Most terran stations are still not buyable though :/

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 19:44

I think the biggest reason why most haven't been able to pin down if the X3AP Terran Economy goes bust like it did in X3TC is that arguably 1/4th of the Sol core sectors are in the War Zone. In that zone, stations switch hands rapidly. It also divides the Sol system in half, but the inclusion of the Aldrin Expansion sectors may provide enough energy to stabilize the area around Neptune. The player also gets access to key Bio fabs much earlier than in X3TC. Overall, it's much easier to stabilize the Terran Economy in vanilla X3AP than it was in X3TC.

TheGoldElite
x4

Post by TheGoldElite » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 23:19

Thanks for the informative post, I guess it isn't fixed after all..
I've got 70(i think) valkyries in stations now, I can't afford anymore but I think I got all the most important ones down, I did every Aldrin station for good measure.

I got sick of the katana already so swapped it in for a spitfyre (no rep for sprigny).

Can I relax now or is there anything else I need to do ASAP? Like do I need to rush the LTs in, or can they wait?

Are there any stations I definitely DON'T need to save? e.g shipyards I know, but what about stock exhanges? SPPs? Orbital Logistics Docks?

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 00:38

keep in mind, while this will protect god from just blowing up the station, it won't protect the stations from pirate attacks, which if that station blows from pirates, and was already on god's hit list, it still won't be replaced, afaik.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 01:21

Did you save the Aldrin stations?

They've added a lot more stations to what you can buy as a Terran; I think the two Ghoul missile fabs are the only ones that are critical now.

Look at the shipyards in Terran space and see what fabs they let you build / buy from them (if you had max standings). SSC, MAML, MAMW, PSP, EMPC, and the missile types, as well as the food types for them (you can get energy and ore elsewhere, just need the food). Basically, if you can build the fab yourself for a weapon type, who cares about the economy or what the AI does with the NPC stations for that weapon.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 02:25

Ghoul and M/AM Warhead factories are the only ones missing from a player standpoint. They were ridiculously easy to mod in.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”