X3AP drone hauler, ship or ship equipment? (warning wall o' text)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

T3Lunaris

X3AP drone hauler, ship or ship equipment? (warning wall o' text)

Post by T3Lunaris » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 15:02

Note: if you want to get to my question then just scroll to the end of my post.

I've noticed that all of these drone frigate m7's (which never seem to have drones in them) list under their equipment an item called a "drone hauler"
and being the curious type that I am I wanted to know what exactly this item did so I went in to the equipment list of my encyclopedia to figure it out and there was no entry, I figured "okay no big deal I'll just add one to a ship via command console and then read about it." I go into the console and head to equipment but whats this? there is NO item listed as drone hauler, needless to say I was confused but just decided to let it go and just continue playing.

Now a couple days ago I was again going through my encyclopedia list this time to try and find a nice ship with main guns that I could use to obtain spaceflies with so I could release them into the UFJD sectors so that they would be able to breed and multiply away from any poachers (I realize I'm rambling right now but bear with me) so looking through encyclopedia and while looking through boron m4 ships I see the Drone Hauler listed as a ship and not as a piece of ship equipment. this brings me to the original title of the topic.

What exactly is the Drone Hauler what does it do and how can it be listed as an m4 and an installed ship extension?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 15:11

See this thread. Several others have recently asked this question too. Forum Search (or better using the Google X-Forum Search) for say 'drone hauler' can be your friend.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

T3Lunaris

Post by T3Lunaris » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 19:09

ah I see thanks for the heads up

praypold
x4

Post by praypold » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 01:59

I noted with interest you indicated you want to capture space flies and release them into UFJD sectors to multiply. I do not see how this could possibly work as the sector is supposed to disappear when you jump out. So I just wonder if you stay there and let them do their multiply thing or just leave?? First time I ever heard of doing this.

On to your OP I did see a few times a ship M4 maybe that said Drone ship or something to that effect. Fast ship speed wise but decided to not attempt capping. Wondering what it was or supposed to do.
- "Charismatic leaders, a populous with fear of the unknown leads to the first casuality of war - The Truth."

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 02:33

If you eject captured spaceflies, they appear as a crate.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 07:23

StarSword wrote:If you eject captured spaceflies, they appear as a crate.
Yup. They are dead and a ware.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”