[AP] Nostalgic Argon start - best ship to attack terrans?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Greyhawk1
x3tc

[AP] Nostalgic Argon start - best ship to attack terrans?

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 17:13

Just tried to see if I can do anything about the war sectors...jumped in my Khaak Corvette...and lasted about 20 seconds.
Entire screen was totally white from exploding missiles, couldnt see anything lol

Watching a boreas get taken apart in nanoseconds I'm thinking what can I do here?

I'm thinking maybe an M8 or any heavy missile carrier that can stand off from the battle?

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 18:26

Which sector is it you're trying to get into? Generally a good frigate can run rings around the Terran fleet (I like the Griffon - fast, small and nearly impervious to missiles due to its flak) while picking ships off. I took out several Osakas using the aforementioned Griffon, though the process would be accelerated massively by bringing a Tiger or Shrike for their firepower. A destroyer would probably be a poor choice because of all the firepower levelled against you. Your turrets wouldn't be able to cope with any incoming missiles while you're in a firefight and you'd be levelled by bombers.

Basically, use a frigate to tank damage on sector entry and run the hell away from any gatejams, then take out the occasional ship which strays too far from the fleet.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”