[X3R] Do fighters defend their dock?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joefitts63
x3tc

[X3R] Do fighters defend their dock?

Post by joefitts63 » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 15:25

I thought this would be a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer in the manual or on these forums. Do fighters docked to a TL or station automatically launch to defend it if it is attacked? Or is there some command I have to give them? Or do I have to handle it manually at the time of the attack?

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 15:27

Just being docked to a station or any kind of Carrier (TL/TM/M1/M7) isn't enough, the ships need to be homebased to that station/ship. Even then they won't launch until after your station/ship comes under attack.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 15:28

I believe that if they are homebased to the TL they will automatically launch. :)

<ninja'd>
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

joefitts63
x3tc

Post by joefitts63 » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 16:20

Thanks much! I knew there had to be some way. :)

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 16:24

You might also want to look into Carrier Command Software, which you can buy from all Split and Teladi equipment docks. When fitted to a carrier it adds the combat commands 'launch all fighters', which can come in very handy :)

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 16:41

Kirlack wrote:You might also want to look into Carrier Command Software, which you can buy from all Split and Teladi equipment docks. When fitted to a carrier it adds the combat commands 'launch all fighters', which can come in very handy :)
IIRC it's on stations too, the "Attack enemies and land" command you can transmit for all landed fighters. Or you can get a Patrol Command software and make them "defend position" around the station. This way they will throw themselves at every red contact that comes into their area though.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 17:02

Kirlack wrote:You might also want to look into Carrier Command Software,...
Playbahnosh wrote:Or you can get a Patrol Command software...
Both softwares are only available in X3TC and AP. However, the "Defend Position"-command is available through the X3R Bonus package, when your fighters and big ships have the Fight Command Software Mk2 installed.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 17:14

:oops:

So didn't notice the X3:R tag on topic head :|

Well spotted X2-Illuminatus.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”