X3TC/AP All my race ranks are high, but some stations are still enemies?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wileycoyote87
x3tc

X3TC/AP All my race ranks are high, but some stations are still enemies?

Post by wileycoyote87 » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 05:00

So I have been spending the last few days getting my race ranks up and I got them all up to at least 4 (most are almost max), but still some of the stations are enemies. Specifically there are a couple paranid stations that are still red to me (won't let me dock or give missions), as well as a couple boron ships that are red as well. How is it that 99.9% of the Paranids and Boron are friendly to me, but there is that .1% that hate me? And this isn't even in the Core sectors, just the Borders...

So is it just a bug? Or are there some stations that have their own rep? If so, then how do I increase their rep?

Oh I forgot there are a couple of Laser Towers (right next to friendly stations) that are enemies to me and shoot on sight too.

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 05:12

Ships that you've attacked in the past will remain hostile as long as they live until you apologize to them.
If your reputation with their associated faction is good, you can comm them and apologize, and they'll no longer be hostile.

Stations also remain hostile, to make friends with them, you'll need to find a hacker mission at a nearby station (within 3-4 sectors I think). They're marked with a lightbulb. For a price, they'll hack the station and turn it friendly again. With no consequences besides the hacker requiring pay for his services.

As for the Laser Towers, if a station is hostile to you, all ships/laser towers that station owns will be hostile as well, until you hack the station.

Laser towers are sometimes slow to update their friend or foe status.
I think one possible fix for it, is to leave a satellite near them (but outside of their attack range) and then leave the sector.

wileycoyote87
x3tc

Post by wileycoyote87 » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 07:18

I have had the same 3 laser towers hostile to me for hours and their stations were NEVER hostile to me. I will try the hacking though.

And the ship that's hostile to me I never fired upon and I tried talking to him but my only option is "1: Surrender!"

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 07:31

If you can't ask him to surrender, my only guess is that he's owned by a station you are still hostile to. Either that or he's part of a faction you're on bad terms with.

As I said, the laser towers tend to glitch up abit. They may fix themselves in time, otherwise I'd try leaving a satellite and jumping out of the sector. I'm told that makes them update their status.

If all else fails, you can always destroy them. If you're on good terms with the faction they belong to, your reputation should still remain positive, even if it dips abit.

Sylthos
x3tc

Post by Sylthos » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 07:34

For your hostile ship and lasertower troubles try using the orphan missile technique.

1. Select the appriopate missile(s)
2. Fire said missiles
3. Jump out of sector
4. Problem solved

This works because OOS missiles are no longer registered to you, instant hit target after jump, and are pretty much guranteed to hit. Since they are no longer registered to you, you don't take a rep hit and everybody is happy. Just make sure you fire enough missiles to kill the target!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 10:47

@ Sylthos: Sorry you have missed an important step in using no-rep-loss orphan missiles. If you go OOS all missiles in flight cease to exist and so do nothing. Delete your step 3 and replace with:

3a. Personally be in, or change to, another ship IS than the missile launcher or just eject to spacesuit from the launcher.

3b. Jump the missile launcher ship to any gate OOS or IS, so orphaning the missiles it launched. (Ensure it jumps before any missile hits.)

Since you have to be IS throughout, the (IS not OOS) orphan missiles are not (all) guaranteed to hit since the LTs/ships will fire at them when in range - so allow for that.

Moving thread to X-Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sylthos
x3tc

Post by Sylthos » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 12:50

:o Wow, that was quite the missed step, almost like going to work without pants on. I don't know how that happened. :oops:

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 15:23

Run'em over with a big truck er... capital ship. The station they are tied too will turn red for a short duration then turn back blue and the rep loss is tiny. I used a tiger, can swing its front end around like a giant space sword.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 16:58

In AP, ships and LTs (Which is another kind of ship) will turn blue, if you are OOS and have a ship or nav sat in the sector.

As for stations, the only legit way is to find a hack for them (of course besides the Orphan Missile trick).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”