The Boreas is pretty much the hands down winner for buyable M2's in TC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brownthomasw
x3ap

The Boreas is pretty much the hands down winner for buyable M2's in TC?

Post by brownthomasw » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 20:41

Thats it just wondering which one to buy. Split has speed, Paranid have PSG's and I like the look of the Teladi. with turbo boost it's speed shouldn't be too much of an issue. Boreas just seems superior for my first and my personal M2. Unless there's something I'm missing. There doesn't seem to be any restriction to me buying it except money.

Also can i just fly into Elysium of light and try to board the Ozias there. Seems like it'd be easy but I havn't done much boarding. I just like it's look and want it floating around one of my sectors.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 20:44

In TC the Boreas has basically every other M2 topped in every area except shielding (the Osaka and Tyr edge it out by 2 GJ).
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

ajm317
x4

Post by ajm317 » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 20:57

In TC the Boreas is probably the best M2 for use as a player ship. For OOS duty though the Osaka is the way to go.

cjm3fl
x3tc

Post by cjm3fl » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 21:01

In vanilla TC, the Goner Ozias is not available to the player.
--I know how you can make this Mod play like vanilla..
--Play vanilla!

Elleron

Post by Elleron » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 22:01

StarSword wrote:In TC the Boreas has basically every other M2 topped in every area except shielding (the Osaka and Tyr edge it out by 2 GJ).
It doesn't have Point Singularity Projectors either! I used an Osaka in my first game, but bought a Boreas this time because it's easier to equip at the start. The Kha'ak Hive was a bit of a drag, because you need to get two turrets firing on a station you can wipe out with two charged shots from an Osaka.

In sector the Boreas always makes me cringe because of the 6.5km fire-hose-of-death photon streams. I don't know if it's actually more prone to friendly fire, but I wince every time a Boron Food Transporter flies past the target.

Player-piloted I think the Terrans have an edge in gunnery, because the ability to hop into a turret and one-shot things is nothing to scoff at. The Argons definately have the edge in missile selection.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:20

cjm3fl wrote:In vanilla TC, the Goner Ozias is not available to the player.
No.but it's nice looking TL that transport TSs too.

I have wondered if the design was drawn up by the same person who designed the Griffon :? as there are similar themes involved.

But yes. I remember getting my Boreas and feeling really safe . :D

cjm3fl
x3tc

Post by cjm3fl » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:52

I would love to add an Ozias to my fleet, but alas :(
I jump from a Tiger to my Griffon as my personal ships. Griffon will be the first ship I reverse engineer when I finally be my PHQ. One of the sweetest M7's out there.

A well equipped Boreas will OWN any sector it's in!
And if it's having any issues...call in another Boreas :thumb_up:
--I know how you can make this Mod play like vanilla..
--Play vanilla!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:58

The Boring Boreas. Like X3R Python, you just point and shoot with it. Or simply let it shoot like X2 Odysseus. However, if you get careless, you'll go down in it just like in any other ship.

I barely tolerate it as evil means to an end, taking small consolation from never having bought one.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 01:15

I mass produce titans. Just as good as boreas because ships explode way too fast in this game.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 19:14

not to bump my unenlightening thread but mass producing Titans, my computer would explode. To bad i can't get the Ozias, I'm thinking after i do a bunch of other things I'll get an EQ dock for Elysium of Light so i can see him when i refuel and refit. There's no roids but i don't want a complex in a place i will go. Hide my ugly industrial manufacturing plants behind some far gate. Not that they're ugly and i would like to fly through the tubes but mine are too big and it's frustrating. Could wait for the HQ should the hub ever get done but i know the HQ is not that impressive at least in X3R it's ok but what do you do just dock there. The HQ (in TC) I hope has a new look, idk I predict it's similar to the Corporate HQ's. Old one was more massive and i thought looked better like a big christmas tree. I tried using the hub as a refueling station but i get slow down in there too and i just don't like the feel. E of L will be a nice quiet home near xenon invasions but safe with two M6, a snazzy TL, jump drives and salvage insurance. I'm looking at eq docks now, I think they're all the same, just a bar with some docking clamps and a structure on one side.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 20:36

You won't need the Ozias once you get yourself an Aran anyhow. EQ docks are mostly just good for parking your capitals, though there are other uses if you have the patience to implement them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”