Adding a new Weapon Sound

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TonyEvans
x4

Adding a new Weapon Sound

Post by TonyEvans » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 06:16

So I'm still working on the BSG mod and I've found the weapon sound for the railguns in another game's BSG mod. I looked in the sticky'd tutorial, found the one... and only, line regarding sound, and read it thoroughly. Wasn't hard.

So my question is there: Is there a "safe" way to name new .wav files I'm adding to the mod's cat/dat's "S" folder (which I'll be cerating and adding) so that it doesn't overwrite anything? Can it have letters in it (so I can name it, for example, bsg_railgun (with or without the _ ). Or, if I can't use letters, is there a limitation as to the amount of numbers I can use? I saw in TC's 01 cat file that the S folder's files only went up to 998 or something like that. To be safe could I start at like 2000 and work my way up from there, or does it have to be back-to-back?

Sorry for a longish read, I don't want to leave room for error.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 09:12

Sorry to bump, still needing a reply though

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 23:40

Cmon guys... still needing this. The future of this thread depends on it.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 23:41

My advice would be trial and error, But always use numbers.

try 2000, set the corresponding TFile entry sound ID to 2000, and see if it works!
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”