Split from Yet Another Bug in AP 2.5.1 thread.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

NinjaDriver
x3ap

Post by NinjaDriver » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 01:09

Alan Phipps wrote:Thanks for the info. It is being taken seriously despite the rather unkind manner in which it was offered..
Geez, really? I hope the Devs don't bleed out when they cut their ultra-thin skin on their keyboards. :roll:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 02:06

NinjaDriver wrote:Geez, really? I hope the Devs don't bleed out when they cut their ultra-thin skin on their keyboards. :roll:
Geez, really? I hope people don't get too upset when they realise that having a crappy attitude towards developers (or anyone else) doesn't achieve anything useful. :roll:

Just because insulting people is the internet norm does not mean it's acceptable.

NinjaDriver
x3ap

Post by NinjaDriver » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 03:54

Carlo the Curious wrote:Geez, really? I hope people don't get too upset when they realise that having a crappy attitude towards developers (or anyone else) doesn't achieve anything useful. :roll:

Just because insulting people is the internet norm does not mean it's acceptable.
One day, you'll realize that customer attitude means nothing to a company that's purpose is to generate revenue. Our attitude is irrelevant if they want to continue to make money by creating good product. If they don't fix their stuff, people won't buy the next product, and won't recommend any of said company's products to friends.

Long story short, touchy-feely PC doesn't achieve anything useful, either. Besides, based on the original comment from the mod, we heathens should be thanking our lucky stars that he forwarded the bug to the fragile devs despite our mean looking scowls and chest thumping.

AARRRRGGGHHH!!! We find bug, we want fixed to make game better... ARRRGHHH!

Nothing like a fan base that pays to QA test their not-so-new product.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 04:30

So, anyone who works for a company (software, McDonalds, whatever) is fair game for insults from anyone who feels like it? That's, hmm, every adult who isn't unemployed or a student.

I hope (assuming you're employed) that next time a customer is insulting you or your colleagues that you remember it's irrelevant.

"Touchy-feely PC"? Yes, obviously not being insulting is far too politically correct. :roll:

bfifteenv
x3tc

Post by bfifteenv » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 05:33

Unless the bug causes the game to completely crash, why would you throw such a fit about a bug anyway?

Imagine you just got a message :

"The Shipyards have gone rogue and are producing way too many fighters. Figure out a way to disable them without destroying our diplomatic relations!"

What would you do?

Do that.

Poof, game fixed... without calling anybody names or trying to fight an unwinnable debate on a tech support forum...

It's not like when this happens, it shuts your game down. It just means that you have to find ways to do something in the game which someone hasn't written an idiot-proof walkthough for...

Mr. Phipps. Please thank the developers for making such a great game, despite how some of the fans act...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 11:11

Split and lock since NinjaDriver was not the OP referred to and his posts here contributed nothing to the Tech Sp issue in hand.

By the way, I happen to appreciate and expect politeness (not just PC) on the public forums and will continue to try to ensure that Egosoft forum use is an enjoyable experience for all.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”