Incendiary bomb launcher forge capturing ? (AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klord
x3ap

Incendiary bomb launcher forge capturing ? (AP)

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 06:48

The only way to get an Incendiary bomb launcher forge is by capturing a TL transporting them...isnt it ?

Exactly what kind of TLs transport them ? Pirates doesnt have their own TL ships.

& where can I find them ?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 07:38

Yup. They're transported by commonwealth TLs, like other stations, usually but not always Teladi.

For station hunting, it's useful to put of a very complete adv sat network that shows full shipping traffic in the sectors surrounding Loomankstrat's, then check those sectors using the universe map every so often for out-of-place TLs.

It can take quite a long time for replacement stations to get loaded up and start moving, so you just sort of make the check part of a routine unless you want to sit around on SETA camping it personally.

At least, that's how it works in TC. I haven't tried it in AP yet, so I don't know for sure if there have been any changes.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 08:28

Great...thanks for the insight.
& I think should keep an eye around "Mercenaries' Rift" too...thers a forge in that sector too. But the place is heavily occupied by pirates...capturing a TL will not be an easy task.

Edit - are those TLs pirate ones or normal friendly ones ?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 09:31

Would there be a problem in Yaki space,due to the fact that they are highly intolerant of non Yaki vessels there ?

eg, I make friend with them early ,so that they deal with the police when I "borrow" ships I should have returned.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 10:08

TTD wrote:Would there be a problem in Yaki space,due to the fact that they are highly intolerant of non Yaki vessels there ?

eg, I make friend with them early ,so that they deal with the police when I "borrow" ships I should have returned.
I didnt get what you mean...sorry. (my English sucks :oops: )

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 10:50

All non Yaki ships are shoot on sight,except yours ,if you are fiends with them.

Thus if you do not return a ship from a return ship mission,place it in the Yaki Shipyard,the Yaki will destroy the police for you.

But my question regarding the capture of TL in Yaki space is that if Yaki do not get the Ryu to deliver a station , surely , any other TL would get destroyed by the Yaki ,would it not ?

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 11:46

Well...we dont have to capture it in Yaki space....do we ?

"Loomankstrat's" is far away from the yakis sectors....if there's a TL with an IBL forge, it would not fly around yakis sectors.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 12:02

Yes, but TTD was referring to the fact there are 2 IBL forges in Weaver's Tempest, the Yaki core sector, and was wondering if those can be replaced.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 14:12

EmperorJon wrote:Yes, but TTD was referring to the fact there are 2 IBL forges in Weaver's Tempest, the Yaki core sector, and was wondering if those can be replaced.
wow...thats good news ! :D On my way...

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 19:00

The good news is that Weavers Tempest has more than enough ore & silicon to run a plex that supplies the IBL forges with materials, as does Loom's Legacy. I also found a forge in Mercenaries Rift, though the pirates there seemed to be more hostile until I did a few station builds for them.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 20:17

Yaki wont let me dock in their station...the station is friendly to me, but Yaki patrols around it are enemies.
& I cant dock !

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 20:31

You need to do more missions for them from the Shipyard or the Stock Exchange to up your rep with them.

Then they will let you dock and the Shuri etc should turn blue. :D

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 22:08

They no offering any missions either.. :(

& I did a silly thing making things worse. I caped a Yaki Ryu transporting 8 IBLs, hoping to take them after capturing. But they have been disappeared from the cargo bay after I caped it. :x

What the hell happened ? Im pretty sure that they were in the fright bay even while my marines are hacking the core computer. It doesnt make any sense....damn.

Crezeh
x3ap

Post by Crezeh » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 22:11

Once a ship capture is complete, a random amount of cargo in the freight bay is destroyed. If there's something in particular is the cargo bay you want, save when your marines say they are at the core, and are beginning hacking. If the cargo you wanted is destroyed once the ship is capped, reload.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 22:16

Doing it right now !!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 22:30

Klord wrote:They no offering any missions either.. :(

Maybe killing some Paranid in Yaki space will help boost rep enough.
You have three sectors to try this,so Advanced Sats may help you destroy them before the Yaki attack.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 23:14

Got it ! Thank you very much for the insight...
Took me about 20 reloads.

I dont know whether its an exploit or not. I was going to give up.
I reloaded for the last time in desperate, & I opened Ryus freight bay & kept clicking 8 IBLs showing there. (while my marines are about to finish the hacking)

Next moment when ship turned green, I found that I have got all the 8 IBLs !

May be its a coincident....or may be an exploit. Need to do few researches before coming to a conclusion. :idea:

Whatever...got what I have been looking for ages. :D

Thanks again....

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 23:15

TTD wrote:
Klord wrote:They no offering any missions either.. :(

Maybe killing some Paranid in Yaki space will help boost rep enough.
You have three sectors to try this,so Advanced Sats may help you destroy them before the Yaki attack.
Yup...I need their rep. Going to do that soon.

Edit - Its 2.45 am here... :shock: Got to go to bed before anyone find out that Im crazy.. :lol:

Thank you all for your information...gOod luck... :wink:

OzWraith
x3tc

Post by OzWraith » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 14:14

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but after a bit of work, I made friends with the Yaki. I also wanted access to their IBL forges. Until that point, I'd killed Yaki ships pretty-much at will. Including when I'd first explored their space early in my game.

So, after a few station-building and wares missions, I got their stations blue. There were however some ships still red to me. I contacted each of them and apologised for weapons-fire. For some of them, I needed to do it up to three times. They all went friendly after that.

We're best-buds now, the Yaki and me. I have an XL solar plant in Weaver's Tempest, a Complex producing crystals (both produce more than each other need, and trade with the Yaki). I also have a few other factories (Wheat, Ore etc) and a small fleet of Mistrals keeping their factories ticking along. The Yaki love me, and I used to be kill on-sight with them. Good relations can be earned. :)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 13. Oct 12, 15:54

In AP I made sure to befriend them ASAP, so as well as a steady supply of IBLsI too feed their factories. I also have two huge weapon plexes in Yaki space for kitting out my fleet. It's pretty satisfying to send in a brand new but toothless ship, and it comes out the other side fully armed and ready :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”