No Cockpit Mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

elphamale
x3tc

No Cockpit Mod?

Post by elphamale » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 12:16

Hi there!
I was wondering if there is a mod or a way to hide the parts of the ship that u see in first person view? I really hate all the obstacles in viewpoint when flying larger ships.

I did thorough search of this forum and didn't find a mod to do it. Is it at least possible? If it is, how do i do that?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 13:48

lefthandblack's Minimal Hud mod removes the target boxes from ships/stations. Or if that's not enough, you could also simply press Shift+H to hide the complete HUD.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 13:50

I think he was referring to the actual bits of the ship you're flying, like being able to see the nosecone in front of the ship. As far as I know there's no way to remove this from view without repositioning the camera, which will cause all sorts of weird issues.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

elphamale
x3tc

Post by elphamale » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 14:10

EmperorJon wrote: As far as I know there's no way to remove this from view without repositioning the camera, which will cause all sorts of weird issues.
So there is no way just to make ship invisible?

Is camera fixed in different places for different ships?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 14:16

Argh, sorry. Misread the OP, thanks for the hint @EJ.
elphamale wrote:So there is no way just to make ship invisible?
Well, it should be possible to make a ship invisible, but this is then not limited to the Cockpit view.
elphamale wrote:Is camera fixed in different places for different ships?
Yes, each ship type has it's own camera position.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 14:16

The only way of making it invisible would be to remove some of the textures, which would of course also be removed in every other view of the ship and therefore look stupid.

The camera for every cockpit/turret on every ship is mounted somewhere in relation to the model (not always actually on the surface), obviously if you positioned it somewhere where you couldn't see the ship at all the camera would probably be either right on the nose of the ship, or above it, and this could cause issues, as you could actually be able to fly through objects with the camera because it's say 10m above the actual hull, or if it's right on the front of the ship targetting things, firing weapons, and maneuvering the ship can be difficult and confusing.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

elphamale
x3tc

Post by elphamale » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 08:31

Now I see. Thanks for the answers.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”